• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well technically the coast guard is not DOD, they are DHS along with border patrol etc..

They were under DOT before the debacle that is DHS. During a full-mobilization (last one was WWII) the Coasties report to DoD.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    They were under DOT before the debacle that is DHS. During a full-mobilization (last one was WWII) the Coasties report to DoD.
    Correct, DHS is a new entity. I thought Coast Guard is still accepted as a Veteran Status. My opinion is that you were disparaging to them. It would be like me saying because I was in the Army that I am somehow more "important" than an Air Force vet. I just don't think that's right and I do think the Coast Guard does a lot of good.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My personal opinion was that Coast Guard should have been the umbrella with Border Patrol and TSA Ports Authority and all other Port of entry elements falling under them.

They are not bound by Posse.

We would not have a bunch of rent-a-cops at TSA. and the entire organization would be much more professional, without being totally militarized.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Correct, DHS is a new entity. I thought Coast Guard is still accepted as a Veteran Status. My opinion is that you were disparaging to them. It would be like me saying because I was in the Army that I am somehow more "important" than an Air Force vet. I just don't think that's right and I do think the Coast Guard does a lot of good.

Well, there ya go.. starting the bashing of the Air Force! I bet we ate better then you did, and I never had to dig a hole in the ground :>)....

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It would be like me saying because I was in the Army that I am somehow more "important" than an Air Force vet.

I'd never say that. Unless there was an AF vet in the room. Or a AF reservist.

I used to make fun of Marines, but I got tired of having to explain it to them.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The Coast Guard is a branch of the military. Please read posts #95 and #99 and you'll see my context.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

And if your ASVAB scores had been higher... :D I grief on Air Force Crew Chiefs (I'd call them Cro Magnons but they aren't that evolved), RED HORSE (if we'd quit sending these guys to build schools in the third-world, we wouldn't need so many schools in the third-world!), fighter pilots (zipper-suited sun gods who can't understand why the equipment doesn't work in O-F-F mode). I'd still like to know why the Surgeon General dresses like Capn Crunch (US Public Health Service, I know! Still, why is this guy dressed like Capn Crunch at a ceremony?)

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

Our former law clerk, who is now a Marine JAG on active duty in Okinawa, called me this morning to catch up.

So, I was careful to use short words and not talk too fast. :):

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    People rag on the Coasties.
    My dad is a coastie, and I've ragged on him about training wheels on ships.

Doesn't mean I believe it.

when-the-branches-of-the-military-make-fun-of-each-3100075.png

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I asked a LEGITIMATE QUESTION regarding a new experimental program. I expected, to get a response from KNOWLEDGEABLE people connected with the VA or the law.

Instead I get the former Boy Scout crowd, know it alls and plain idiots who are CLUELESS about the subject matter. It is a EXPERIMENTAL PROGRAM which is obviously not published yet. IT IS A EXPERIMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I realize this topic lacks the social significance of the "do you take your cloths off when you crap", or the " Lets play the two word game." I stand humbly corrected. I forgot this was INGO rather than a serious site. My mistake.
    Crap, I wasn't a Boy Scout but I reject being called plain.

Top Bottom