• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As for carrying, the class that some of us in NWI took was in a place with non-compliant signs and I just covered up. I think the other INGOers were counting on me protecting them.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    For those of you who have taken this class, do they teach wound packing technique (beyond simply saying "try to stuff" large wounds)?

The Officer whom lead my training gave his preferred methods and had a "show n' tell" from his experiences what does and does not work when he has put these skills to work in real life.

His gear has plenty of stories to accompany the training.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I am a Stop the Bleed instructor. This and CPR should be in everyones skill set. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic so I do Have more advanced training. This class is well worth it and you do not need a lot of fancy equipment.

Unfortunately I have been involved in a mass casualty incident off duty that involved multiple deaths. I also have come across many accident while traveling. I carry an appropriate traum Kit.

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I am a Stop the Bleed instructor. This and CPR should be in everyones skill set. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic so I do Have more advanced training. This class is well worth it and you do not need a lot of fancy equipment.

Unfortunately I have been involved in a mass casualty incident off duty that involved multiple deaths. I also have come across many accident while traveling. I carry an appropriate traum Kit.
    Looking for a STB instructor to do a course at my employer. SERIOUS INQUIRY! Please contact me via PM if you, or anyone you know, is a qualified instructor interested in teaching a small (+/- 15 people) class in Columbus, IN. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I'm in for Feb 27 @ Franciscan.

No INGO love this week. I'll see you fellas the weekend before my class at the 2day carbine in Bedford.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is timely as there's some discussion about this class in the thread about "Life Saving in a mass casualty situation." I also saw a story about it on the local news this morning.

For those in the Indy area, Eskenazi Health holds this class monthly. I think the next one is coming up is next Wednesday Jan 23. You can register via the link in the OP.

I'm signed up for the class in Feb. It would be cool to see some other INGOers there.

The odds of needing to render some basic first aid to yourself or a family member is likely higher than needing to use a gun for self-defense. I know this is a gap in my training base, and I doubt I'm alone in that respect.

I'm in for Feb 27 @ Franciscan.

No INGO love this week. I'll see you fellas the weekend before my class at the 2day carbine in Bedford.

[STRIKE]I dont see anything but Eskanazi listed. You guys fill that Franciscan one up?[/STRIKE] had to tweak my search.

And yes, Eskanazi is a no go due to the holding floor for the jail from what I understand. :(

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The Franciscan contact got back to me on my question. Here's the answer if it's helpful to anyone:

"Stop the Bleed teaches 3 bleeding fundamentals: Tourniquet use, wound packing, and direct pressure.

There is a PowerPoint that shows how to pack a wound and then there is hands-on skills station where the participants will practice wound packing and tourniquet application."

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Can we even carry a pocket knife Wed?

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Took this class tonight. I believe there were 12 attendees. Three were there related to a school project and the other 9 were INGO’ers (or related).
    I neglected to talk to the two gents behind me so apologies for that. Course hit the basics and then it was hands on for practice, maybe 50% spent on each. Only so much you can do in an hour and they managed to cover the A B,C’s. Heads up the parking validation did not work 100% and you’ll likely have to pay $1
    I’m glad I went.

Top Bottom