• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    STB classes are typically free, however instructors can charge a minimal fee to cover the cost of hosting.

There’s no minimum for attendance, but obviously more attendees is better return on our time investment. That being said, I’ll teach three people if they want to learn.

Let me double check when our next official class is and I’ll get back on the thread. I think it’s in the next two weeks. I’ll also probably post up a new thread for it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Took my class tonight. Really informative but also very simple. I'll be putting together a couple of kits to keep in the vehicles and probably one to keep in my travel bag/man purse I carry with me everyday to work.

We had 18 in our class. 6 or 7 were part of different church security team start-ups. That was interesting.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Took my class tonight. Really informative but also very simple. I'll be putting together a couple of kits to keep in the vehicles and probably one to keep in my travel bag/man purse I carry with me everyday to work.

We had 18 in our class. 6 or 7 were part of different church security team start-ups. That was interesting.

I heard they kept tonight's class extremely simple because they knew there were truck drivers attending. :rolleyes:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think that they intentionally keep it simple, since most people taking the class are not used to the stress of an emergency situation.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    STB classes are typically free, however instructors can charge a minimal fee to cover the cost of hosting.

There’s no minimum for attendance, but obviously more attendees is better return on our time investment. That being said, I’ll teach three people if they want to learn.

Let me double check when our next official class is and I’ll get back on the thread. I think it’s in the next two weeks. I’ll also probably post up a new thread for it.
    I've been thinking about this. Any interest in a "no frills" taught class? Something that strips away the pleasantries and deals with facts and real life scenarios. Not just wound simulation, TQ's, and gauze. Meaning fake blood and someone screaming at you.

Having attended these sort of things, I often find a throttled back version is the norm. Not wanting to shock and awe. Let's face it, this sort of event is as stressful as it gets. Thoughts?

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I've been thinking about this. Any interest in a "no frills" taught class? Something that strips away the pleasantries and deals with facts and real life scenarios. Not just wound simulation, TQ's, and gauze. Meaning fake blood and someone screaming at you.

Having attended these sort of things, I often find a throttled back version is the norm. Not wanting to shock and awe. Let's face it, this sort of event is as stressful as it gets. Thoughts?

My class is pretty no frills as it is, LOL. I’m a cop, former K9 handler and tactical team guy, and emergency management professional. I don’t hold back during my courses.

Now if you’re talking about hemorrhage control and TQ application under stress, I could probably add that at the end. I don’t have wet (simulated blood) training aids so that does add another wrench into the monkey.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I'm looking forward to a factual no BS lesson of what to do and how to do it right. I am interested in what should be in a kit.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My class is pretty no frills as it is, LOL. I’m a cop, former K9 handler and tactical team guy, and emergency management professional. I don’t hold back during my courses.

Now if you’re talking about hemorrhage control and TQ application under stress, I could probably add that at the end. I don’t have wet (simulated blood) training aids so that does add another wrench into the monkey.

D8g0rpK.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Your sig line makes me sick.

As a private in the Army I played and lost three or more games a night with another guy. He was much better than I. I lost literally hundreds, maybe more than a thousand games to him over several months.

One night I recognized where he was going and by skill that I had learned from him, not luck, I beat him.

That was the last game we ever played, because he refused to play again.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Your sig line makes me sick.

As a private in the Army I played and lost three or more games a night with another guy. He was much better than I. I lost literally hundreds, maybe more than a thousand games to him over several months.

One night I recognized where he was going and by skill that I had learned from him, not luck, I beat him.

That was the last game we ever played, because he refused to play again.
    https://youtu.be/1MlmdItOjk4

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I haven't played in a while. I taught someone to play, and when they eventually beat me they didn't want to ever rematch. "GOING OUT ON A WIN" they'd say.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    The class in Franklin was great. I ordered two tactical tourniquets and have them in my kit and know how to use them if needed. I had always held off on getting one before. Thanks for the heads up.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    The class in Franklin was great. I ordered two tactical tourniquets and have them in my kit and know how to use them if needed. I had always held off on getting one before. Thanks for the heads up.

If you don't mind sharing, what did the kit cost? I took this as I teach wood/welding and engine shop in our HS. At $200.00 per kit cost (per the head of our county EMTs) the weight room got the kit.

Top Bottom