• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    ::1
    I had a great time. Met several great shooters.

Only problem I had were some feeding problems with my 1911. Next time I'll heavily lube before the event.

The other thing I took away from this was how much I need to practice. 4 second strings are a pipe dream for me. :)

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    All right

Alright guys, I will leave the Howitzer at home next month. But you guys sure enjoyed the new toy I brought along didntcha. I think it will definately make a returm visit.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Sounds like ol' Burl is making his rounds these days! First at several ACT classes, now FNS. I'm jealous!

Glad you guys had fun. I'm thinking this would be a great "first" for me, as I've never been to a competitive shoot before. What was the average round count this session?

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I thought 100 rounds would be good, but I ran out. Luckly someone was nice enough to give me 2 mags so I could do my last two strings of fire on stage 5 :). He even had them already loaded in G19 mags :)

I don't think I want to see my scores though ;)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Alright guys, I will leave the Howitzer at home next month. But you guys sure enjoyed the new toy I brought along didntcha. I think it will definately make a returm visit.

I think next time everyone in "our" squad needs to shoot rimfire. You know, level the playing field a bit...:rockwoot::popcorn:

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I am game

I am always game for a rimfire shoot. I may even break out the Ruger with the 10 inch barrel and give it a whirl. Hey Slacker that was Shooter521. Great guy.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Sounds like ol' Burl is making his rounds these days! First at several ACT classes, now FNS. I'm jealous!

Glad you guys had fun. I'm thinking this would be a great "first" for me, as I've never been to a competitive shoot before. What was the average round count this session?

whenever i make up an attendee list it goes like this:

1. Burl
    2. ????????:):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you never miss, 87 rounds is all you would need.
    Yet, it appears I used 120 with the 1911:scratch:.
    Didn't count with the 1022, might have been less.

I'm thinking this would be a great "first" for me, as I've never been to a competitive shoot before.
    WARNING. Don't do it man. This was my first FNS and I can already see how it might become addicting. :)
    Next one Dec. 12th (see what I mean, how would I already know this?)

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I think next time everyone in "our" squad needs to shoot rimfire. You know, level the playing field a bit...:rockwoot::popcorn:

Hmmm? I will look for a .22 insert for 12 gauge.

Actually I am thinking a Ruger MK II Target this time around. That or my daughters Remington 592. With the rifle and hi cap mags I can "Zoub it" if I feel the urge.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    I think I might have to come out and watch the next event. This sounds like something I might want to try. Anyone care to explain how it works to me?

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    simple

We shoot five stages that tend to be somewhat different every month. You approach the line the R.O will explain the course of fire if neessary, ask if the shooter is ready. When you hear the buzzer you begin to fire at the plates. when completed with each stage you will verify your firearm is empty and decock it. Most of the time we shoot each stage 3 times but this time we had one stage that we only shot once but it was 18 rounds for that 1 time. Bring along a firearm and get involved. It is a really good time.

Top Bottom