• ...and so much more!
  • Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    about anything

The guys are using about anything lately. Wheel guns, pistols, rifles. I have seen .22,.40,9mm, 38, whatever is cheap and they have a lot of. Some of the guns there last week were 45's. 10/22, glocks and so on. I had taken out a GSG-5. You do need 5 mags or speedloaders though

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is it like this? Or more stationary?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgpXkAD5uYk]YouTube - First IDPA match - shooting steel[/ame]

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    the "pistol caliber carbines" are not allowed during normal range operation, however they are fine for use under the supervision of a range officer at a friday night steel event.

5.15.1.3 Marion County Fish and Game allows the sighting in of rifles in the calibers of 38 special, 357 magnum, 44 special, and 44 magnum, provided that the rifles are fired from a bench rest at paper targets

The above cartridges are allowed since they are Indiana legal for hunting.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Is it like this? Or more stationary?

The video you posted is an IDPA match. Friday Night Steel has no movement; you stand in one place and shoot the steel with one shooter from each squad on a common firing line at the same time.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    Nick, if you are ever out there and you see that, please get their member number (should be on the sign-in sheet) and either email a board member, or, at the very least, PM me.

Next time I see him there I will confirm that it is a 9mm AR. I am 99.9% sure it was though. Looked just like what I am building. I was going to go talk to him about it last time I was there but got busy.

How will I know who he is and what his member number is? I have only had to sign in once since going there. Every other time they just punched my card.

Top Bottom