• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Oh, bag that... bring a gun and have at it! No time like the present. A friend of mine (and new INGO member, GunInfected1) came out to watch last time, and was kicking himself all night for not signing up to shoot.
    I have a feeling that would happen to me too! The main reason. I was looking to just watch the first time is that I'm not sure if I'm ready in the equipment/ammo department. The website says plan for 100 rounds and have 5 loaded magazines. What is the true typical round count for a noob? I have plenty of .22 but not enough mags for my P22 and enough mags for my Glock 26 but not much ammo left.

It looks like right now unless the weather is bad, I'll have to work this Friday.

Do you have to reload on the clock during any stages?

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    You are not required to reload during the course of fire, unless you miss enough times to run out of ammo. This happens frequently. Also, each course of fire is shot 3 times successively, and you will not be allowed to stop and reload magazine(s) or have friends do it for you. If you bring 3 or 4 mags and run dry, you will be given max time for the stage (30seconds). Also, it helps to have spare mags in case you have a malfunction and end up ditching a magazine.

I have not yet committed to showing up this Friday, but if I do, you can borrow 3 P22 mags from me.

Look at it this way, each time you shoot FNS with your rimfire instead of your 9mm, you save enough money to pay for another new magazine. You should be able to order mags online without them being back ordered, which you can't say for ammo. Dropping $100 in mags sucks but once it's done you'll be glad you did. In case you haven't been warned, shooting (ESPECIALLY competition shooting) is a game that takes all your time and all your money. Enjoy.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have a feeling that would happen to me too! The main reason. I was looking to just watch the first time is that I'm not sure if I'm ready in the equipment/ammo department. The website says plan for 100 rounds and have 5 loaded magazines. What is the true typical round count for a noob? I have plenty of .22 but not enough mags for my P22 and enough mags for my Glock 26 but not much ammo left.

It looks like right now unless the weather is bad, I'll have to work this Friday.

If you need P22 mags, I have 3 stainless ones that I can get to you if you like. I can give them to Shooter521 to give to you to borrow... Let me know.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    anyone have any .40 brass for sale?

I don't know if I'll be able to shoot or not. I'll have to separate and clean the brass I've collected to see if I have enough to load for the match.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    You are not required to reload during the course of fire, unless you miss enough times to run out of ammo. This happens frequently. Also, each course of fire is shot 3 times successively, and you will not be allowed to stop and reload magazine(s) or have friends do it for you. If you bring 3 or 4 mags and run dry, you will be given max time for the stage (30seconds). Also, it helps to have spare mags in case you have a malfunction and end up ditching a magazine.

I have not yet committed to showing up this Friday, but if I do, you can borrow 3 P22 mags from me.

Look at it this way, each time you shoot FNS with your rimfire instead of your 9mm, you save enough money to pay for another new magazine. You should be able to order mags online without them being back ordered, which you can't say for ammo. Dropping $100 in mags sucks but once it's done you'll be glad you did. In case you haven't been warned, shooting (ESPECIALLY competition shooting) is a game that takes all your time and all your money. Enjoy.

I have plenty of Glock mags, I got the P22 before the big ammo crunch and thought of it purely as a plinker so spare mags were low on the list. Now I see that I could use it for something else and need the mags. I have 3 already so I'm close. I know the G26 isn't a typical competition gun either but it is my EDC so I always want to get more practice with it. Good to know might also have to get some mag change practice LOL

Thanks for the offer of the P22 mags, I'll PM you if I end up coming.

Hehe $100 in mags is typically the minimum I have in all my guns but the P22. It good to see mags finally back in stock but now the ammo thing is a pain.

I like that FNS seems to be pretty approachable in both equipmebt and the people for a competition noob like me. Really the equipment required ins't nearly as bad.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    What is the true typical round count for a noob?

How good of a shot are you? ;) Seriously. I usually take 150 rounds per gun to be on the safe side, and always come home with unused ammo.

You are not required to reload during the course of fire

Occasionally there will be a stage that features mandatory reloads, but it's not a regular thing by any stretch (which is probably why Soundslikejosh answered the way he did).

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    BigCraig has abandoned the merry misfits for the shotgun squad. I think Shooter521, me , Cwood and BWframe outta team up.

I have not abandoned you guys!

I just needed to RO the shotgun squad, it was my idea you know.

But I have NO intentions of running a shotgun for this FNS, I have actually not made up my mind what I plan on shooting yet

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Try to remember to suck more at your job next year. :)

I keep a 'timer' to remind me how much I suck.

picture1wqz.png

I had one running for Ten years and five months.... I finally got promoted and a pay raise this spring!! :rockwoot:

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I dont have a stock on my shotty and no sights on my 10/22. Looks like Im going to have to burn up some 40 if I want to play with you guys..

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No Single Stack for me this month.:xmad: The current ammo climate has me regulating when and where to unleash the Kimber's awesome power. :):

I will be shooting a hangun along with the rifle though! Kenny and Bradis saved the day! I'll be sporting a purdy new MKIII 22/45.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    No Single Stack for me this month.:xmad: The current ammo climate has me regulating when and where to unleash the Kimber's awesome power. :):

I will be shooting a hangun along with the rifle though! Kenny and Bradis saved the day! I'll be sporting a purdy new MKIII 22/45.

I'd like to get one of those AA .22 conversion kits for my Glock so I can keep my 9mm stockpiles for USPSA matches...

Top Bottom