• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    How long does the FNS event take?? If I had to leave just after 8PM, is it worth me even coming? Is it like bowling pins where you keep knocking each other out, or a set schedule against the clock and you need to stay until 10PM?

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I was at the range this week for the first time with Churchmouse. That is a really nice range. I have never shot steel before at an organized shoot like this. Is it timed? What are the distances. Basically how does it work?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I was at the range this week for the first time with Churchmouse. That is a really nice range. I have never shot steel before at an organized shoot like this. Is it timed? What are the distances. Basically how does it work?

Set distance of around 45 ft. Against a clock. Registration card has a Class determination, depending on what firearm you're using & it's mods.

We'll have 5 Stages & shoot each stage 3 times in a row. You're probably gonna want 4 - 5 mags if shooting pistol... Just Sayin... Expect it to be around 100 hits, so I try bringing dbl that. (more, if it's a new firearm / new shooter)

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    How long does the FNS event take?? If I had to leave just after 8PM, is it worth me even coming? Is it like bowling pins where you keep knocking each other out, or a set schedule against the clock and you need to stay until 10PM?

Depending on how many shooters there is it could be close to 10pm before where done shooting and putting up all the steel target. In April I don't think we got down till after 9pm.

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    OK, I might be making an appearance with one youth & a sis. Please refrain from crowding the celebrity and keep the paparazzi's at bay. IF HEAVY rain, may stay home so not to get hair wet.....

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Set distance of around 45 ft. Against a clock. Registration card has a Class determination, depending on what firearm you're using & it's mods.

We'll have 5 Stages & shoot each stage 3 times in a row. You're probably gonna want 4 - 5 mags if shooting pistol... Just Sayin... Expect it to be around 100 hits, so I try bringing dbl that. (more, if it's a new firearm / new shooter)

I so want to go but I have a leadership meeting at 7:00 PM in Elkhart. Guns, shooting steel and a range full of INGO members. That is a great night opportunity. I will have to plan to be at another but it will require an overnight stay, 3 1/2 drive home is too late after the shoot.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    most nights ive been have been finished at around 8:30. help cleanup and yer out by 8:45 - 9:00

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    We are coming tonight, 4 of us, first time in a while, gonna bring the relatively new, never seen at FNS Double Diamond LE 9mm SBR with Gemtech suppressor, i wont be shooting so I can RO.

rala

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Evansville
    Not this time- I'm camping with my Scouts. - you think wet monkeys stink? You should try a couple of tents worth of 12 year olds. :)

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Feels good to be back. I need to start jacking off with my weak hand. Couldn't hit **** with it. Thanks for the match guys!!!

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Great match! Not my fastest times, but definitely more consistent. Although having to re-attach my grips 2-3 times got a bit old. Need to dig out my loctite.

Top Bottom