Friend Fired from Aflac for being pregnant!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    IIRC the employer can't fire a woman for being pregnant. In fact, they have to grant them the time off for maternity, plus the Bill Clinton Family Leave Act. In my experience (banking), many women would take the full 12 weeks off, saying they plan to return, and then they decide not to return. Meantime, you had to keep their position open. It caused a lot of problems having an employee out for 3 months. Then, when they flake on you, you are at square one looking for a replacement. Too bad there isn't a better way.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Odds are she isn't working for AFLAC. She's working for a AFLAC regional manager that owns and operates the office. She's being terminated illegally and they don't worry about her making waves because her husband needs his job there. If he's an agent they don't have any benefits.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think the line has already been drawn by the FMLA which only provides them their job and benefits without any pay.

Do you believe FMLA is within the proper scope of government? I don't. Do you believe the Gun Control Acts are within the proper scope of government? I don't.

I despise the notion that I'm only employed due to government dictate. I have no idea of how much your friend makes or how much she's worth. Right or wrong, the employer feels that he's not getting his money's worth. I'm not talking about your friend specifically here or pregnant women only. Why can the government force employers to retain employees against their will? Assuming she gets her job back. Does she really want to work for an employer who values her so little?

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    Do you believe FMLA is within the proper scope of government? I don't. Do you believe the Gun Control Acts are within the proper scope of government? I don't.

I despise the notion that I'm only employed due to government dictate. I have no idea of how much your friend makes or how much she's worth. Right or wrong, the employer feels that he's not getting his money's worth. I'm not talking about your friend specifically here or pregnant women only. Why can the government force employers to retain employees against their will? Assuming she gets her job back. Does she really want to work for an employer who values her so little?

I can see your point of view, and no she doesn't want her job back.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Yep FMLA was put into action for anyone who needed time off for a family medical leave and this would secure their job for 12 weeks by law.
    I am sure they have their ducks in a row in regards to this termination.
    It will be very hard to prove she was terminated due to her being pregnant. Good luck.

Congrats on the forthcoming baby in advance. :D

Top Bottom