From the morons at Salon: Want a license to carry? You should get shot first.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, I mean I get that the average college grad is likely still a moron. But a MASTER'S in writing? And now he TEACHES writing in a university? And can't grasp simple grammatical concepts that I mastered from nothing more than reading Tom Clancy as a kid?

I guess I need to adjust my standards.

Whippersnapper.

I read "Hunt for Red October" while on a submarine. Do I get bonus credit?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Yeah, I mean I get that the average college grad is likely still a moron. But a MASTER'S in writing? And now he TEACHES writing in a university? And can't grasp simple grammatical concepts that I mastered from nothing more than reading Tom Clancy as a kid?

I guess I need to adjust my standards.

Perhaps in the "hard sciences" like math and engineering and biosciences, the core subject matter is being taught, but not anywhere else. As I've said before, I have a friend who has a Masters in Business - and is an exceptionally intelligent and level-headed individual - who couldn't (when I worked for him) string a coherent paragraph together without an error. When I was in college in 1969, he wouldn't have gotten out of Freshman English Composition. And he isn't alone amongst the bosses I've had in not being able to write.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I took fire from the business end of those bb guns that you pump up for power. Does that count? It broke the skin and i had to dig it out with a knife.
    I really hope that counts as my lifetime is in the mail already, i would hate to have to return it. :rolleyes:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So when's the INGO meet and greet and shoot each other BBQ? Maybe some low power .25 auto rounds...we'll need to make sure some of our resident EMT's are there.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    So when's the INGO meet and greet and shoot each other BBQ? Maybe some low power .25 auto rounds...we'll need to make sure some of our resident EMT's are there.

What are the rules going to be? No head shots?....no full auto? If one of the rules is going to be .25acp only I'd like to suggest a group buy for a firearm in that caliber, since most of us probably do not own one. Which firearm would be a good candidate?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Next up, voting.

Whenever someone brings up training/testing requirements for firearms ownership, I always bring up the prospect of a US history/IQ test voters.

Ignorant/dumb voters have done far more harm to our country than guns ever have or will.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom