From the morons at Salon: Want a license to carry? You should get shot first.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Whenever someone brings up training/testing requirements for firearms ownership, I always bring up the prospect of a US history/IQ test voters.

Ignorant/dumb voters have done far more harm to our country than guns ever have or will.:rolleyes:

Yes. But remember, it's for the children.

And how about a test before you can plead the 5th, or get a jury trial, or avoid cruel and unusual punishment?

Police don't need a warrant if you can't answer some 'simple' question?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes. But remember, it's for the children.

And how about a test before you can plead the 5th, or get a jury trial, or avoid cruel and unusual punishment?

Police don't need a warrant if you can't answer some 'simple' question?

You really can't appreciate a jury trial until you've had your case arbitrarily decided by a sycophant to the king.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    What are the rules going to be? No head shots?....no full auto? If one of the rules is going to be .25acp only I'd like to suggest a group buy for a firearm in that caliber, since most of us probably do not own one. Which firearm would be a good candidate?

Well, let's see now. I'd recommend a 1/4" steel plate and a 25 yd shooting line. The plate could have numbered holes with the target bullseye at various altitudes that can correspond to whatever bodily part the participant wants shot. The participant says which target number he/she has decided on, opens that targets bull, and each INGOer shooter comes to the line one at a time and tries for the bull. FMJ ammo only.

As for the pistol...users choice of course. Being a historical fellow myself I'd go with a Colt pocket or baby Browning. Maybe a '34 Mauser just because it says 6.35mm instead of .25 ACP.

For modern stuff I think Kel Tek or Berretta.

I think that may be as much serious consideration I can give to this most unserious of topics :n00b:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    More than a little poetic license. "Klaatu barada nikto." I'll accept your license for changing Gort's name only. :)

Hey, wasn't that the show where Capt Gandalf Reynolds said "Use the Force, Mr Potter" from the bridge of the Starship Enterprise before he went on to found the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning?

Klatu...barada...blehemmhemhem. What? I said the words! Well, maybe not every little syllable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VtcOCHePB4

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You really can't appreciate a jury trial until you've had your case arbitrarily decided by a sycophant to the king.

Well, lately I'm waiting for them to get rid of the jury system.
    After all, things get tried in the media now.
    And people seem to be okay with that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, lately I'm waiting for them to get rid of the jury system.
    After all, things get tried in the media now.
    And people seem to be okay with that.

Stand by for the latest episode of Kangaroo Court! And keep your audience voter buttons handy!

Probably wouldn't be too hard to come up with an app for that. Call it "Mobrule". People vote on who's guilty and who isn't. Give rewards for voting socially just. Penalties for voting sane. That could work.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    More than a little poetic license. "Klaatu barada nikto." I'll accept your license for changing Gort's name only. :)

I just spoonerized it.
    shrug2.gif
    Gort! Klaatu barada nikto! / Bort! Klaatu garada nikto!

Hey, wasn't that the show where Capt Gandalf Reynolds said "Use the Force, Mr Potter" from the bridge of the Starship Enterprise before he went on to found the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning? ...

It is. But you forgot him taking out the Alien Queen and the Predator with his lightsaber before the command, while the robot waved his arms, warning of "Danger! Danger", to Cmdr. Will Robinson.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You would have better luck teaching spanish to chickens than talking sense to the people who write that magazine.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I am almost certain that these anti gun articles online are playing us for suckers. They write some incendiary nonsense, post it up, it gets linked by a pro-gun forum or blog and their clicks go through the roof, lining their pockets. I cannot shake the thought that most of their hits on these articles are by pro gun people clicking through from threads like this.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I am almost certain that these anti gun articles online are playing us for suckers. They write some incendiary nonsense, post it up, it gets linked by a pro-gun forum or blog and their clicks go through the roof, lining their pockets. I cannot shake the thought that most of their hits on these articles are by pro gun people clicking through from threads like this.

I suspect this is exactly what's going on.

Top Bottom