• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've never tried Burmese. Thai and Indian are waaaay down on my totem pole of preferences.

I dig it, but I admit I have tastes that are outside the norm. The stranger the better to me. If you have the opportunity, why not try says I. And it is a good thing to do with the wife/girlfriend as a light "adventure".

My good friend was with 1st Group so he is my consultant to Asian eating. He trained up in Thai but has some dialects of the hill tribes up north on the Thai/Burma border and learned their cuisine as well.

This is an overview of Burmese food:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_cuisine

Here's Why You Need To Get To Know Burmese Food | HuffPost

https://migrationology.com/burmese-cuisine-food-bite-of-burma/

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Mahnin Asian restaurant--Burmese and Thai.

Ate there in the Spring when I taught up a seminar up in Fort Wayne. It's downtown on Calhoun.

It would be a great date restaurant for you and the wife. Don't be put off by the outside. It is the kitchen that counts.

Going to have to try that one. Usually, if that way, we go to Saigon for pho - the pho dac biet can't be beat.

Also now in that area is Bahn Mi Barista. Their pho is OK, but their Bahn Mi's are where it's at.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I've eaten at the Golden once. It was very good. I thought the portions were a little small though as I usually can't finish an entree and I was still hungry when I left. But yeah, great food.

Top Bottom