• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I got a fake 20 from my credit union. I went in and they took it, called the fuzz, and gave me a $20 was good. It pays to go inside and withdraw money from a human. The bank also has insurance for this, I don't.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I have only gotten two counterfeit $100 bills, and both were given to me by a bank, several months apart. The second bill I had to argue the fact that it was bogus with the teller, the assistant manager, and then the manager. She finally agreed to call the Feds, and then came back and said that it was indeed fake. The original teller then asked me, believe it or not, "would you like a different bill?". The bank took the loss on both bills, but MY name and info were given to the Treasury department. On a brighter note, I pulled a nice 1866 Indian Head penny out of change the other day - worth about $50.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would point out that a couple of cruise missiles could do much to reduce the counterfeiting problem. After all, the Iranian and North Korean national mints alternately rate as the largest and second-largest counterfeiters of US currency in the world.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Free-Shipping-Super-Money-tester-pen-2-in-1-with-ballpoin-pen-On-Sale-More-functions.jpg

I try'n keep 1 on-hand........

Doesn't really help much if you know how to defeat it.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Someone threw a dollar on a new HP printer the other day,and it would only print half of it,either vertical,or horizontal.The printers must be that good that the Gmet has a new money sensor built in.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive even seen a few stores, typically mom and pop stores, that have signs stating they refuse to except the old style $100 dollar bills.

As others have said, know what to look for and you wont get burned.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Someone threw a dollar on a new HP printer the other day,and it would only print half of it,either vertical,or horizontal.The printers must be that good that the Gmet has a new money sensor built in.

Yes. They are. And they arent foolproof. I flew to Austin for training last week. when trying to copy my receipts for my expense report (we have to give them a photocopy so they can feed it into the document archiver... it doesnt handle anything smaller than 8x10) my fancy-dancy copier refused to copy the checked luggage receipt that was printed on boarding pass stock. The return flight that was printed on regular receipt paper copied fine. It took 4 tries, with the final one working after I drew on it with a sharpie.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills

i had a friend who worked at Kinkos who showed me how their laser copier would not print money. He put in a bill, and instead of copying it, the machine gave an error message. I took a dollar bill and turned it 90 degrees, and his machine kicked out a copy. His eyes got real big, and he quickly destroyed the copy. I also watched a tv show one night that SHOWED how counterfeiters defeated the test pens. It is a simple process, and thanks to that show, LOTS of people were educated on how to do it - incredibly stupid of them.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    i had a friend who worked at Kinkos who showed me how their laser copier would not print money. He put in a bill, and instead of copying it, the machine gave an error message. I took a dollar bill and turned it 90 degrees, and his machine kicked out a copy. His eyes got real big, and he quickly destroyed the copy. I also watched a tv show one night that SHOWED how counterfeiters defeated the test pens. It is a simple process, and thanks to that show, LOYS of people were educated on how to do it - incredibly stupid of them.

How many people are LOYS of them? :):

Yes, I know what you meant, but couldn't pass it up! We understand, it is only one key off on your keyboard.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I would point out that a couple of cruise missiles could do much to reduce the counterfeiting problem. After all, the Iranian and North Korean national mints alternately rate as the largest and second-largest counterfeiters of US currency in the world.
    Commies, next thing you know they'll be jacking with our bodily fluids with fluoride. Col. Kong could ride one down on them.
    On another note, I believe you are correct about the counterfeiting.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Commies, next thing you know they'll be jacking with our bodily fluids with fluoride. Col. Kong could ride one down on them.
    On another note, I believe you are correct about the counterfeiting.

Oh. He is definitely correct. Counterfeiting another countries money is considered an act of war because it is a prime way to undermine their economy.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    It seems like making a counterfeit $1 would be more trouble than its worth.

That's what I always thought, but maybe it has to do with being a lot safer since you're not passing the bill to an actual person. Either the changer takes it and you get four quarters, or it just spits it back out and you throw it away.

But definitely not a thing for the ambitious counterfeit "artist".

Top Bottom