• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slovpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well the pinkie is rolling off and is not securely attached. My mother says I have long fingers and somewhat big hands. I'm not a monkey man. I'm 6 ft, 185 lbs( losing fat and gaining muscle). I thought everyone said the glock 19 was kind of small, or fit them just right. The full size guns fit me perfectly. I can get a nice good grip on the glock when shooting it.

Even though, I don't have any proper training. I'll have to go into the training section for that type of stuff.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Even though, I don't have any proper training. I'll have to go into the training section for that type of stuff.

In most general defensive-type pistol courses I see mostly Glocks, with M&Ps more and more, and then a 1911, Sig, or XD here and there. FWIW

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Receiving your first handgun is a very personal experience. We can give you our opinions, but ultimately you will have to decide what meets your needs the best. And your needs, or perceived needs, could change over time.

My best advice would be to compare the contenders on the range if possible. Even 30 minutes should be enough to help you separate your likes and dislikes about both models.

For reference, here was my experience comparing the two: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...rms_why_i_jumped_off_the_glock_bandwagon.html

esrice speaks solid wisdom here. He and I had similiar experiences with finding out that the M&P fit our pistol needs better than our first polymer guns.
    You however need to compare which ones fit you best.

This was my comparison of the M&P 9mm to the XD and XDM:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/290484-shootout_2013_xd_vs_m_and_p.html

For first time CC guys I always recommend Glock, XD, or M&P

Personally I can't stand anything about the glock: looks, feel, grip angle, trigger, the mall ninjas who slobber over it, etc

I eventually saw the light and bought an M&P 9mm (ergonomics means a lot when you train a lot), but I immediately replaced the sear and sear spring to lighten the ridiculously heavy trigger pull. It took blueboxer and I like 30 minutes of watching a video and then doing it ourselves. It was like a 40$ part on a 479$ gun, so I won't complain.

The XD will be boxier and less ergonomic, but the stock trigger will be better than either the glock or M&P

The glock......well it's a glock. It boils down to personal preference and philosophy if you think that's a good or bad thing.

You really can't go wrong with any of the three.

BluDeuce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Northern IN
    Take a look at the new FNS-9 from FN. I was going to get another Glock till I seen the new FN. $ for $ you can't beat the standard options. Ambi controls, night sights, three 17 rnd mags, striker fire, manual safety.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    :laugh:
    Giant_Hand_Slap_Match.jpg
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    If you are in the Indy area ill let you try out my M&P9 Pro sometime
    I carry it every day
    I wear it OWB but usually have a button up short or jacket covering it so technically I carry concealed ;)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've owned both and my preference is Glock. If you want to get your hands on a Gen 4 17 and care to meet me at ITP sometime PM me and possibly we can figure something out.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Top Bottom