• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I'm thinking about picking up a G26 to carry around with me instead of my 19. I just have a few basic questions for those of you that carry the 26.

1 - How bad is it to shoot without the grip extension? Most of the G26's I see have the grip extensions and I'm curious if it helps your control that much better. The reason I'm looking at getting the 26 is because my 19 prints just a bit too much on the end of the grip and it looks like the 26 would fix this issue.

2 - Can this gun be carried in your pocket comfortably? I'm not talking about not feeling anything at all, just wondering if it feels like a boat anchor when it's in there.

3 - For those of you that have had both, would you go with the Gen3 or Gen4 26?

I really just want to know if it would be worth it to get a 26 or if I should just buy another gun instead.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Stick with the 19!!! Perhaps you just haven't found the right holster? I have no problem concealing my 19.

That being said, the 26 can be shot without the pinky extension, although, for accuracy sake I always use mine. Even with the pinky extension it still prints a little less than the 19 when carried in the same holsters. The 26 does have quite a bit of kick in my opinion compared to the 19.

For me, carrying the 26 in the pocket is out of the question. It does indeed feel like a boat anchor.

Hope this helps! :)

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    1.The pinky dangles. Shoot one first.
    2. it's a huge pocket gun, mine hides well in a crossbreed
    3.Gen 3 Glocks, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I like my 26 over my 19. I get on target faster I carry G19 back up mag with the sleeve

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've never shot the G26, but have held one. I carry the G19 though.

IMO, the G26 is still too large for a pocket carry gun.

As for the mag extenders, I think it's going to depend on the size of your hand. For me, I would want the mag extenders.

I would prefer the 19 over the 26. I don't think the 26 is really that much smaller than the 19, with the extenders.
    And I can conceal my G19 so well, that you can't tell I'm carrying. And that's with using the MTAC holster.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I use the Galco King Tuk for my 19 and it's really comfortable and it barely prints. I've never had anyone notice it, but I tend to notice it.

Of course, this could just be my subconscious tricking me into buying a new gun...:):

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    You can drop a 26 (or 27) in my case into a BIG pants pocket (floppy jeans or cargo pants) but you'll need to think about what happens if something snags that trigger just right.

If I had to carry one regularly in a pocket I would be looking for the best front or rear pocket holster I could find.

I shoot my 27 with and without the pinky extension, I suck equally with and without it.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    The 26 is an easy gun to shoot. Very accurate. Check out "hickok45 glock 26" videos.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPvMJcmpVsQ[/ame]

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I have G23/27, but....

1 - Definite difference in felt recoil between compact and subcompact. The pinky extension mitigates that a fair bit....so do compact size magazines.

2 - I can go in a pocket, but I find getting it back out is less than speedy. It also looks like you have a generation 1 car phone in your pocket.

3 - NA...

Kahr CW9 feels like a single stack glock, carries very small bc of it without feeling like a micro-gun in your hand.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    1 - How bad is it to shoot without the grip extension? Most of the G26's I see have the grip extensions and I'm curious if it helps your control that much better. The reason I'm looking at getting the 26 is because my 19 prints just a bit too much on the end of the grip and it looks like the 26 would fix this issue.

I think the mag extension makes for a more comfortable grip, not necessarily one to improve accuracy. The pinky provides little to no support or control, but having it dangle out there is uncomfortable (to me, anyway), and when I'm not comfortable in my grip, every else suffers to some extent.

2 - Can this gun be carried in your pocket comfortably? I'm not talking about not feeling anything at all, just wondering if it feels like a boat anchor when it's in there.

I wouldn't. It would be stretching the definition of "comfortably" to say that the G26 fits that bill. It can be done, but it is still a blocky, bulky firearm.

Can't help ya there. Sorry

I really just want to know if it would be worth it to get a 26 or if I should just buy another gun instead.

I like mine so much, I got one for the hubby!

What would you buy instead? IF you like the Glock platform and the 9x19 caliber, the 26 would still be a good choice.

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    my edc is a combo of a g23 and g27,i carry the 23 in a comtac tuckable holster and pocket carry the 27 i should note that most days i wear cargo pants or shorts if you pocket carry get a pocket holster that works for the pants you are wearing.also look at how the pocket openings are cut some pants can snag the back of the slide enough to slow the draw i find that a couple stiches with regular thread can fix that problem most of the time

ccolip2189

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    New Palestine
    the 26 is a great gun i have a g26 and a g23 i usually carry the 23 more due to stopping power but i carry my 26 if i want to cc very well i have the pinky extension on it and hell no you would not like it in the pocket

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I carried the G26 daily for a a year or more. I picked up a Taurus 709 Slim for EDC during the hot summer days. I picked up a Taurus 24/7 Pro because I found I was more accurate with the larger weapon.

I can CC all three with no problems. I use a High Noon tuck able for the G26 and the Taurus 709. I use a non-tuckable High Noon for the Taurus 24/7. No problems.

The G26 is easy to CC, but not suitable for a pocket carry. At first I used it without the mag extenders. I was able to conceal it well and shoot it well. However, when practicing I found the G26 became painful to shoot after 50 rounds. The pinky would blister from friction. I started to use the extenders to alleviate this problem. I prefer the Pierce extenders that do not add rounds. It provides a better, less painful grip. It hides very well. :twocents:

JohnnyTre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Jasper County
    I bought a G26 to be a pocket carry gun and it would fit in the front pocket of a pair of jeans with a holster but it looked like a brick in my pocket. I would not buy it specifically for pocket carry unless you were going to use a cargo pocket. As for pinky extensions I carry with the 10 rounder but have Pearce +2 pinky extensions, for me I don't see a huge difference when firing the pistol and they have had no adverse effect on function, but pinky dangle may be a more important factor for others.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I am a 27 fan, carry by ankle or jeans pocket, sometimes in a belt holster, my 23 is basicaly worn inside the belt, or coat pocket when it gets colder.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I have both a Glock 19 and a 26 and I much prefer my 26 for concealed carry. My 26 is just as accurate as my 19 and recoils even softer. Your pinky does hang off on the 26 but that doesn't bother me, however, if it did I would just carry it with an extension and it still would be easier to conceal than a 19. As for pocket carrying a 26 you can forget about it unless you have incredibly large pockets.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    I'm thinking about picking up a G26 to carry around with me instead of my 19. I just have a few basic questions for those of you that carry the 26.

1) I never shot my 26 without a mag extension and wouldn't want to. I use the Pearce PG-39's... they fit my hand better and add 2 rounds (the way I load them).

2) If it's a cargo pocket or coat pocket, yes... pants? no way... just be sure to get a proper holster.

3) The Gen3 with PG-39 fits my hand like a glove... never tried a Gen4.

4) Since I carry legally, I don't care if it prints.

And now a comment - You might think a 26 with extension is 'the same as a 19', but it isn't... a 1/2'' less here and there DOES make a difference, the same way a GOOD holster and gun belt do.

gunfreak6989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Just picked up a new glock 26, and lets start by saying the gun is very controlable, inside wasteband holster and alumium ammo perfect

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    No recoil or firing issues out of my 26, with or without the mag extensions. There is definitely a difference between it and my 17, but it doesn't affect my firing. Maybe add a couple thousandths of a second on those follow-up shots; but I'm gaining a LOT of concealability.

Its a bit large for pocket carry, but I've pocket carried it before, when running out to grab the mail, or a gallon of milk. Wouldn't want to do it all day, though.

Coat pockets, on the other hand, are great for it. And it fits well in the waistband with whatever your holster choice is.

Bottom line....its basically a 19 that you can shorten the grip on. And the grip is always the part that I have a hard time hiding, so I love that. Plus the magazine interchangeability is nice.

Top Bottom