• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    A few weeks ago I purchased this g26 and the owner took the slide off to show me how and then put it back together, well its been sitting in my safe ever since (awaiting my ltch) well anyway I got bored last night and figured I would field strip it a feew times to get better at it, well I pulled the slide back quarter inch and pushed slide releases down and pushed he'd it forward only went quarter inch past "home"... am I doing it wrong? Please help guys, thanks

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Make sure the gun is empty, pull trigger, drop mag and then do as you were told.

This.
    When I got my Glock I spent 30min trying to figure out how to remove the slide..had to look it up on you-tube. felt like an idiot at first..then I seen all over the net where alot of new glock owners where just as stupid as I was.:dunno:

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    This.
    When I got my Glock I spent 30min trying to figure out how to remove the slide..had to look it up on you-tube. felt like an idiot at first..then I seen all over the net where alot of new glock owners where just as stupid as I was.:dunno:

I watched mult. Vids last night making shure I did it right, and I'm doing as they do but my slide won't go any farther than a quarter inch past home

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    both sides, same time:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyunTKzhOiw]YouTube - Glock 27 Review - Take down (field strip)[/ame]

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    well I pulled the slide back quarter inch and pushed slide releases down and pushed he'd it forward only went quarter inch past "home"... am I doing it wrong? Please help guys, thanks

My guess is that you're pushing the slide back too far.

Once you drop the mag/pull the trigger, pull down on the release lever evenly on both sides...then push the slide back very slightly and pull it off (the release lever won't pull down at first, but as soon as you start pulling the slide back it will. You'll then see how little you need to pull the slide back to get it to come off).

If you pull the slide back too far you'll reset the trigger and you'll have the problem you're experiencing.

Last edited:

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I too had the same problem when I bought mine. Make sure gun is unloaded, no magazine, pull trigger, bring the slide back, pull down the little slides on each side, and push your slide forward. It's easy once you get the hang of it.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    My guess is that you're pushing the slide back too far.

Once you drop the mag/pull the trigger, pull down on the release lever evenly on both sides...then push the slide back very slightly and pull it off (the release lever won't pull down at first, but as soon as you start pulling the slide back it will. You'll then see how little you need to pull the slide back to get it to come off).

If you pull the slide back too far you'll reset the trigger and you'll have the problem you're experiencing.

This is my suggestion too. If you reset the trigger the slide won't come off.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    My PPS has a similar procedure for disassembly, but they added a removable backstrap that also decocks the striker when it is removed. I usually just do it the same way as a Glock, though. As far as I know the slide should come off as long as the trigger has been pulled and not reset.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    BEFORE YOU PUT IT BACK TOGETHER:
    Make sure the recoil spring and guide rod are fully on the shoulder of the barrel lug. When you take the slide off you will probably notice the recoil spring/guide rod sitting on a small ledge, it needs to go all the way up toward the barrel.

This may not make any sense without a picture. Too bad I don't have one available right now.

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    BEFORE YOU PUT IT BACK TOGETHER:
    Make sure the recoil spring and guide rod are fully on the shoulder of the barrel lug. When you take the slide off you will probably notice the recoil spring/guide rod sitting on a small ledge, it needs to go all the way up toward the barrel.

This may not make any sense without a picture. Too bad I don't have one available right now.

It makes sense I've seen some pics online, ill make shure I sit it corectly, if I get it apart, lol

Top Bottom