G48 / G43X game changing 15 round magazine?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This great to see. I'm anxious for the first INGO reviews of these.

Anyone following this please post links to reviews you might run into across the web. YouTubes would be great!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    IF these are reliable someone had done some serious "outside the box" thinking.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright [/FONT]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just some random dude that YouTube recommended to me on their front page :)...

[video=youtube;nalTV-Zg46o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nalTV-Zg46o[/video]

:ingo:

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    8pql5FGp9j-ylkQwre50JatFp5o3IR96xvcGsT6WOd7h6BoL0OZm5zDYCszgoIdYjhWacrr81XVxHcP8lY-T4ytDj_dz2RJ0dkretSVSCkcV1zrDUqvinLzlE3B1tkSHI-ngY1b0nAoz5mHof5R9juqVStvJTkt9t7w=s0-d-e1-ft
    [h=1]S15 Preorder Update[/h]
    wHFbZG2U0ydFsOPE4rhzxDsdFZitnj618hvcoFkrRrL-JOw9KF6CUrO91u5d4-MzfW7i_DU4zU3EJel_w3n4c_4SPWUjl03oH6vW1aAo3TM2Zm3h6VTdKdwznKLVHamS_XpJUiYdBVzqAemcCdonVEF38WlXSBahj28=s0-d-e1-ft
    S15 Preorder Update
    November 4, 2019

Bottom line up front: slight delay.

Our first shipment of magazines arrived from our magazine manufacturer, and today we ran them through quality control (QC). Unfortunately, they did not meet our standards as they were sent with the wrong surface finish. While this may not seem like a big deal, surface finish actually plays a big role in reliability, and we just aren’t willing to send magazines out to our customers that aren’t right, especially when it could potentially cause a reliability issue down the road.

The good news is that we should be receiving our next shipment of magazines next week, and we are assured that this issue will be corrected.

Thank you for your patience – as a way of saying thank you, ALL PREORDERS are shipping with a 20% OFF COUPON CODE to use on your next purchase at ShieldArms.com.

Stay tuned, we will be posting photos and videos to social media this week so you can see the magazines in action. Yes they are real, yes they run, and we are almost there.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    That was a good video from TFB.

I would actually like to see about a 17 round magazine from Glock that's on par with the length (or maybe just a hair over) with the G17 mags. I personally like longer mags for reloads and find that I don't reload the smaller G43X/48 mags as well as my 17 mags just due to their size. I'd be perfectly happy to carry a 10-rounder in the gun and a spare extended mag (or two).

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good video. Once these have been out for a while and have a lot more use and feedback, these might drive another gun purchase for me. A 15+1 43X could be quite the nice EDC for summer carry.

Then again, if Shield produces a G23 mag with 50% more capacity, I’d probably just stick with that. A 19+1 G23 would be hard to beat. I don’t know if it would be possible to add 50% to the larger G19/G23 mags but if they could, a 22+1 G19 with the same mag size would be game changing. The G19 might not benefit though as you may not be able to out double stack the existing double stack design. The .40 might have room to grow with this design though.

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    Hope these are GTG.

However, still firmly in the
    "Vaporware for your Tupperware" camp.
    Enjoy the ultra high-cap futuristic metal body magazine idea, completely revolutionary.:rolleyes:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Anyone get a shipping notification on these? I thought for sure I was one of the first few purchasers (9/14/19 @ 11:00am). However, two batches have been shipped out and I have received nothing.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Hope these are GTG.

However, still firmly in the
    "Vaporware for your Tupperware" camp.
    Enjoy the ultra high-cap futuristic metal body magazine idea, completely revolutionary.:rolleyes:

Agreed, I hope they work out as well. In deference to the old story about the US development of the Space Pen during the space race, spending millions of dollars while the Russians just used a pencil, sometimes old ideas can be the answer.

[video=youtube_share;OKUw7G_cAbM]https://youtu.be/OKUw7G_cAbM[/video]

Top Bottom