G48 / G43X game changing 15 round magazine?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    Hpclayto, if you have a silver slide, contact Shield Arms about free extra power springs. I have a very early silver slide and use the extra power springs for drop free operation. I have about 1,800 rounds out of my mags. Not Failures so far.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Love the idea of 15 rounds in the platform, but if I want a 15 round gun I buy a 15 round gun, or at least buy one that's designed by the OEM to accept larger capacity mags they produce.

Pause is a good thing when tinkering with tools you may need to defend your life. There are a lot of parts on a Glock I won't replace with aftermarket pieces but the mag catch doesn't concern me and the 15rd mags I have work as intended. I am heavily invested in the Glock platform (20+ years of training/carrying/shooting) and these mags make the 43X a much more viable carry option. Nothing gets carried until it has been vetted and there is always a chance something won't work. If it does great, if not then I'll move on. Sucks that HpClayto is having issues with his but I haven't seen anything which would indicate that problems are widespread or common.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Hpclayto, if you have a silver slide, contact Shield Arms about free extra power springs. I have a very early silver slide and use the extra power springs for drop free operation. I have about 1,800 rounds out of my mags. Not Failures so far.

Thanks for the info. I do have a silver slide.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I emailed them Sunday. Got a response back the same day. They offered to send me the power springs or have me send the mags in for them to look at. I told them I would do whatever they thought would alleviate my problems. They had some springs out to me the next day. Can’t complain about the customer service.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I emailed them Sunday. Got a response back the same day. They offered to send me the power springs or have me send the mags in for them to look at. I told them I would do whatever they thought would alleviate my problems. They had some springs out to me the next day. Can’t complain about the customer service.

Damn, that's good customer service. Seems like they want to do what it takes to make sure that their product is deemed reliable and continues to have a good reputation for reliability. Keep us posted.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Update: I installed the new springs they sent me. Shot about 150 rounds and didn't have any malfunctions. Still having issues with the magazines not dropping free. One won't drop free with the slide locked to the rear and one won't drop free at all. I've had issues with two separate guns now. They also hang up with the OEM mag release. I sent them an email and we'll see what they say. I'm probably going to ask for a refund or new magazines and a new release.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Update: I installed the new springs they sent me. Shot about 150 rounds and didn't have any malfunctions. Still having issues with the magazines not dropping free. One won't drop free with the slide locked to the rear and one won't drop free at all. I've had issues with two separate guns now. They also hang up with the OEM mag release. I sent them an email and we'll see what they say. I'm probably going to ask for a refund or new magazines and a new release.

Interesting. Hope you get it resolved. Let us know how they respond to this latest info.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    These mags are what sold me on the 43x. Picked one up last weekend and ordered an s15 mag and the mag catch the same day.

Order shipped quick, and installed the mag catch yesterday after some foul language getting the new one in, not much room to work in that small frame.

I already had a 43 and loved it, but I just could not pass up the 15 round capacity now available in the 43x.

I read a bunch of reviews and after several good reviews on here I'm hopeful they will run smooth for me as well. If so, 5 more will be ordered immediately!

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I believe that's exactly what Hickman said he did (hair dryer) and it fixed the issue.

Yeah I don’t know why I didn’t think of it earlier. I used to have to do that to guns back when I still
    made holsters after pressing them sometimes.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    How in the **** do you get the factory mag release out? I've been jacking with it all week. I've removed several on the larger models with NO problem, but this one on the 43X is different. I can get it slid over to the notch but it just won't pop out of it. It's like the stick is longer than the other ones and is caught inside the mag release. I'm about to throw the new release in the trash and return the mag over this crap. Already gouged the inside of the magwell a couple of times futzing with it.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    How in the **** do you get the factory mag release out? I've been jacking with it all week. I've removed several on the larger models with NO problem, but this one on the 43X is different. I can get it slid over to the notch but it just won't pop out of it. It's like the stick is longer than the other ones and is caught inside the mag release. I'm about to throw the new release in the trash and return the mag over this crap. Already gouged the inside of the magwell a couple of times futzing with it.

It was definitely harder than any other one I’ve done. Make sure you’re putting pressure on it from the other side with your thumb and I had to use an angled pick to get it.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

I rubbed trigger times ears and shoulders and told him he was pretty so he would do mine.

Top Bottom