• ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Robins Air Force Base

Three guys in a car disregard sentries, accelerate through gate. SFs activate barrier, works as advertised, two killed on impact, one dies at hospital.

The three were from Guatemala, one on expired work visa, other two status unknown.

Base commander had a statement:

Well, since apparently all of Colonel Stevens’ thoughts are occupied with the guys who tried to run the gate, I will limit my thoughts to the SFs who were on the ball: “Well Done!”

Working the gate at CONUS base has to be on of the most tedious, repetitious, and boring jobs the USAF has, And it’s good to know the SF’s were able to recognize and respond to an unknown threat in a moment.

https://www.robins.af.mil/News/Arti...ed-after-vehicle-hits-barrier-at-robins-gate/

https://www.macon.com/news/local/article235854187.html

What tragedy? :dunno:

josh64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Not sure if these were guat jihadtsers or no, but the jihadsters are making inroads into south America, finding an attentive audience for their blame America for everything spiel.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    My Googling has turned up no additional info on this incident....

I didn't either, other than they were all from Guatemala -- I think they were just lost and panicked.

But I did find this happened not long after the RAFB incident:

Stolen truck crashes through entrance gate at naval station in Corpus Christi, Texas

Corpus Christi police had been chasing the white Dodge Ram when the pickup truck crashed through the base's north gate before the driver fled on foot and was caught, officials said.
    The truck had been stolen from a convenience store parking lot in nearby Beeville, Texas, at 5:22 a.m., chief Robert Bridge told NBC News on Monday.
    The suspect, who was not immediately identified, was taken into custody by agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, officials said.

Interesting that the BATFE took him in.

and,

Suspect identified in shooting at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi
    Daniel E. King drove through a checkpoint at the naval air station before crashing his stolen vehicle into a barrier on Ocean Drive.
    According to NASCC, King entered the base unlawfully through an area next to the South Gate security checkpoint. The base says is has taken measures to prevent future unlawful access at the location.
    The Corpus Christi Medical Examiner’s Office indicated that King died of multiple gunshot wounds.

Other articles indicate that after he crashed the vehicle into a barrier it caught fire, he got out and ran at security forces. Has criminal record with entries, including robbery and drugs, in Texas.
    https://www.caller.com/story/news/l...-know-man-who-fatally-shot-nas-cc/2884696002/

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We didn't have those fancy barriers at NOB Norfolk after 9/11. Just some sandbags, Jersey walls and a couple of ma deuces. Everyone complied with the gate guard's instructions.

Well, isn't the water table in Norfolk like 3 feet down? Tough to bury anything inground ( even the deceased )

Top Bottom