• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Reminds me of a quote from "The Walking Drum":

"If ever you become a hero to the mob, Phillip, remember this: Every man who cheers you carries in his belt the knife of an assassin."

Dictators come via popular uprising - and they leave the same way....

As a side note - that's why we are a Republic and not a Democracy.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    :rolleyes: Now that he's dead, I bet the civilized people of Libya are going to prosper

Well, we can hope. Whole ethnic subgroups are being randomly targeted now, though.

As a friend pointed out in another forum:

"The success of a revolution is not determined by the government overthrown, but by the government installed."

Frankly, I have little hope of any truly "free" democracies in the Arab world. Only Lebanon seems to have been able to really make it work, but even that one regularly gets messed up from foreign interference. And, for the record, I'm Lebanese on my mother's side, so I am fairly familiar with stuff over there.

Tony

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana

23inchBunnySlippersFINALlge.jpg

Epic Coolness

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    U.S. Officials Celebrate Killing of Former Ally Gadhafi

Despite the fact that Libyan strongman Col. Muammar Gadhafi was considered an important U.S. ally in the terror war as recently as 2009, top American lawmakers and Obama administration officials rushed to celebrate his reported violent death at the hands of NATO war planes and Western-backed revolutionaries. Several members of Gadhafi’s family, including children and grandchildren, have been killed recently as well.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Sarah Palin weighs in on Libya. Maybe she's coming around to non-interventionism. Curious to see who she will endorse.

Sarah Palin Praises Ron Paul's Foreign Policy
    “You’ve got to give it to Ron Paul. Whether you agree with everything he says or not, at least he is one there in Congress trying to make our President stick to the law and understand that Congress does have a role to play in these foreign policy decisions that are made and Ron Paul, I think hit the nail on the head, when he came out and said Obama had better be careful when he interjects himself and our country in other nations’ business.”
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id1pcD3H8iA[/ame]

Top Bottom