ROWcVmC.jpg

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Time travel is lame.

hey guys we're running out of episodes to tie everything together so uh yeah let's make bran like go back in time via telepathy and makes hodor into hodor in the past while he's actually holding a door in the present! Awesome right?! Gimme my dump truck filled with other money

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Time travel is lame.

hey guys we're running out of episodes to tie everything together so uh yeah let's make bran like go back in time via telepathy and makes hodor into hodor in the past while he's actually holding a door in the present! Awesome right?! Gimme my dump truck filled with other money

You do realize it was written that way from the start in the books?

https://ventrellaquest.com/2014/04/20/got-got/

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Doesnt matter. Time travel is both lame and lazy.

And it's pretty obvious that Martin is lazy. And HBO has this season on warp speed to get through it all.

I thought it added an interesting element to Bran's powers. And it wasn't like back to the future, he just momentarily worked in two places at once. Sort of a new expansion on what he could do. Pretty cool.

But I suppose it is unrealistic.......

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I thought it added an interesting element to Bran's powers. And it wasn't like back to the future, he just momentarily worked in two places at once. Sort of a new expansion on what he could do. Pretty cool.

It's easy to call it a cop-out, because it's been done so poorly in the past.

So it looks like GOT is using the Butterfly-effect? A dynamic timeline?

Although the "past" seemed to be tied directly to the present. Not sure I've seen this sort of time-manipulation in fiction.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Doesnt matter. Time travel is both lame and lazy.

And it's pretty obvious that Martin is lazy.
    And HBO has this season on warp speed to get through it all.

Lazy? I don't think anyone can call a guy who writes books, with 500+ pages, lazy. And that's just his GoT offerings. You might be able to say that about HBO (as being lazy), but I certainly don't think that applies to Martin.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I never saw that coming. At all.

Danerys now has the Unsullied AND a hoard of Dothraki. She is going to kick some serious ass when Tyrion helps her train the dragons. I think Jon will re-take the North and end up allied with Dany as she comes up from the south to put the capitol in a pincer. It will be interesting to see how Cersi ends up dying, I am fairly certain it will be brutal and not so pretty (just a guess). But I do hope she unleashes the Mountain on the Sparrow and his drones first.

Not "A" horde of Dothraki, she has ALL the Dothraki. Khal Drogo was one Khal, out of several existing at the same time. He was the most powerful Khal, but he wasn't the only Khal. When he died, two of his bloodriders became Khal's themselves (in the books). Dany, after killing the other Khals, essentially has the biggest Dothraki horde ever. Assuming there weren't a few other Khals that were at DK.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Ya know, in the purest sense, it probably falls into the more probable of the unrealistic things that have taken place on GoTs.

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Kinda sad really. Bran essentially makes Hodor kill himself. Kinda dirty, warg into the gentle giant, and sacrifice him so you can escape.

Does Hodor really die??? Yes, we see him getting injured and torn up, but never a final death. We all know this story likes to make you think one thing..or bring people back..

I'm not counting Hodor down and out just yet...

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It's easy to call it a cop-out, because it's been done so poorly in the past.

So it looks like GOT is using the Butterfly-effect? A dynamic timeline?

Although the "past" seemed to be tied directly to the present. Not sure I've seen this sort of time-manipulation in fiction.

Yeah, I thought it was awesome. Except, Hodor.

They need to figure out how to make firebombs.

I think Arya will eventually wind up in Mereen. Curious as to what she'll be doing, or killing, there.

Daenerys knows how to gain power quickly, but she isn't the most prudent using it. I wonder if she will get it right this time, and if the Greyjoys really will help.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Not "A" horde of Dothraki, she has ALL the Dothraki. Khal Drogo was one Khal, out of several existing at the same time. He was the most powerful Khal, but he wasn't the only Khal. When he died, two of his bloodriders became Khal's themselves (in the books). Dany, after killing the other Khals, essentially has the biggest Dothraki horde ever. Assuming there weren't a few other Khals that were at DK.

Going to have some Ironborn ships and a new BFF named Yara pretty soon, too. :D

Top Bottom