• ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    He hit puberty. Real hard.

Sort of funny seeing him grow faster than anyone else in the show. Going to be awkward for Hodor to carry him around anymore.

IKR? So the Greyjoys and the Boltons had some upheaval in their families. Interested to see how that all shakes out.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    IKR? So the Greyjoys and the Boltons had some upheaval in their families. Interested to see how that all shakes out.

I thought the scene with Ramsay and Roose was broadcast just a bit too much. It was obvious what Ramsay was going to do. But, interesting plot development, nonetheless. And his treatment of Lady Walda (and newborn) only help solidify him as one of the uniquely evil characters in the story.

And I'm pretty stoked to see the Greyjoy story. I think The Crow's Eye and Damphair are two of the more interesting characters among the side stories. I'm happy to see their inclusion, finally - along with the Kingsmoot.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    the actor who plays Ramsey Bolton was supposed to be at indy comicon last weekend but canceled....wonder why?.... dog training?....guilty conscious?....DEATH THREATS!......

all in all, way better than the first episode!, and in the "worst kept secret in the world" hey....he lives! and not as a zombie/undead/rotting corpse like the mountain is!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    the actor who plays Ramsey Bolton was supposed to be at indy comicon last weekend but canceled....wonder why?.... dog training?....guilty conscious?....DEATH THREATS!......

all in all, way better than the first episode!, and in the "worst kept secret in the world" hey....he lives! and not as a zombie/undead/rotting corpse like the mountain is!

I think the mythology, and the story (A Song of Ice And Fire) only makes sense if a) John Snow is alive, and b) John Snow is Lyanna's, not Ned's, son.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Also, any time Cersei (sp?) Lannister is suffering, I enjoy the episode. I'm sure Ramsey has a lot of havoc to wreak yet, but I'm ready for something truly heinous to happen to him.

Don't get me wrong, the story wouldn't be nearly as good without these characters hanging around. But it still is fun to watch them hating life.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    7gv6mdu.jpg

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Dayne was no joke. They needed like 15 guys.

One: I don't get why what Bran saw Ned do was allegedly dishonorable. Ned simply gave him mercy.

Two: Howland Reed is now the only living person able to confirm if JS is the son of Ned, or another Stark.

Three: the title of the episode was "Oathbreaker", which I originally thought would refer to Jamie's sword - but the ending of the episode seemed to imply that it referred to Snow. But Jon was right: by his death, his watch had ended.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They did skip a lot of lines at the bottom of the tower... lines that alluded more to what's going on.

The "We went here"... "we weren't there"... "ok but then we went here," ... "We weren't there either..." etc etc. They only did one back and forth with that. The full 3-4 of them give a lot more hints as to why they were there.

Also wasn't it more like 7 on 3, rather than 5 on 2? Unless there's one more in the tower... the fight wasn't really fleshed out in the book.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One: I don't get why what Bran saw Ned do was allegedly dishonorable. Ned simply gave him mercy.

Two: Howland Reed is now the only living person able to confirm if JS is the son of Ned, or another Stark.

Three: the title of the episode was "Oathbreaker", which I originally thought would refer to Jamie's sword - but the ending of the episode seemed to imply that it referred to Snow. But Jon was right: by his death, his watch had ended.

Well, from what I have noticed, is that the titles in GoT often refer to several different things. In this one, I think it's more along the lines of people doing things contrary to their supposed promises, oaths, or alliegences. The Umbers turn in a Stark (though I think it's a ruse), Jon leaves the Night's Watch, Dany (we know) is going to abandon the Khal widow's old folks home, The prostitute dimes out the Old Masters, and Samwell goes back on his promise to take Gilly with him the the Citadel.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

Dany was an Oathbreaker from the perspective of the Dothraki, as well, IMO. The lady that Varys was talking to broke her oath to the slavers . . . in a way it was kind of a theme throughout.

Looks like Sansa shows up at the Wall next week.

EDIT - LOL, I gotta make sure that I click next. Kut nailed it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Good point about the Umbers (and interesting take, as well).

Though, I don't think, at this point, Dany could be considered an "oathbreaker", since a) she never made an oath in the first place (she was forced into an arranged marriage), and b) she had no opportunity to return to Vaes Dothrak (she was abandoned to die in the Red Waste after Drogo's death).

I didn't really find the prostitute's information to be all that revelatory or useful. It was probably obvious to begin with that the erstwhile Masters were funding the Sons of the Harpy. Varys usually deals in much more clandestine types of information. So, I thought the prostitute was let off kind of easy.

As for Sam: another good point, although it wasn't much of an oath, and can be seen as the best/most practical way to fulfill the intent of taking Gilly with him: to keep her and baby Sam safe.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    How long before the riff between the small council and the Lannisters blows up and people die? Or will they find a way to come together and get rid of the High Sparrow? I kind of think he is useful to the small council since he is a thorn in the Lannister's side.

Now that Dorn is under the control of the assassin chicks, how long till the waning food supplies spark unrest in the capitol?

Where is John Snow going? Will he miss his sister or be reunited?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Not a lot happened last night, action-wise, but you get the sense that a lot of pieces are moving into place. And Dany is tired of these M-f'ing Khals in this M-F'ing Khalasar.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not a lot happened last night, action-wise, but you get the sense that a lot of pieces are moving into place. And Dany is tired of these M-f'ing Khals in this M-F'ing Khalasar.

Lol, yeah. Things are moving a lot quicker than I expected. Dany now has ANOTHER kick ass army, Sansa and Jon are reunited and planning on taking Winterfell, The Tyrells are about to go to war with the Faith Militant, and it appears the Vale (with some help from Littlefinger) are going to align with the Starks.
    I must say, I'm kinda excited.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Lol, yeah. Things are moving a lot quicker than I expected. Dany now has ANOTHER kick ass army, Sansa and Jon are reunited and planning on taking Winterfell, The Tyrells are about to go to war with the Faith Militant, and it appears the Vale (with some help from Littlefinger) are going to align with the Starks.
    I must say, I'm kinda excited.

Yep; this is shaping up to be a very interesting season. And it hasn't even gotten in to Euron's plans once he prevails in the Kingsmoot. (I'm assuming here that the series won't divert from the books; else, why introduce Euron?)

And did you notice the preview shot of Bran with (treating with?) the leader of the White Walkers?

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Dude, Hodor.

I never saw that coming. At all.

Danerys now has the Unsullied AND a hoard of Dothraki. She is going to kick some serious ass when Tyrion helps her train the dragons. I think Jon will re-take the North and end up allied with Dany as she comes up from the south to put the capitol in a pincer. It will be interesting to see how Cersi ends up dying, I am fairly certain it will be brutal and not so pretty (just a guess). But I do hope she unleashes the Mountain on the Sparrow and his drones first.

Top Bottom