• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    Agreed, the gun I put time & money into is now legal for divisions no one would ever select it for. It is also legal for USPSA open as far as that goes.
    $40 each year is not life changing but it was a last straw kind of thing. About the same time they outlawed my gun they also outlawed some really fun targets that most clubs already had significant $'s invested in (e.g. Texas Stars) and Mr.Bill (fishing vest) Wilson decided that the pcc's he just happens to sell for big $'s fit in with a concealed carry sport. Sometimes it is just time to move on.

+1 on the PCC bull****. Oops, guess you an't say bull_s_h_i_t on here. :):

MuncieFud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2018
    Muncie
    Uh, that is a compact, not a full size M&P. I have a compact and IT barely fits the CCP box with those base pads. I also have a box, the new one.The grip on the full-size gun holds17 rounds. It has never, no way, ever, fit in the CCP box. It does, and always has, fit in the SSP/ESP box and you can load mags to 10 rounds instead of 8.
    That is 100% the full size. The full size has three slots on the rail where as the compacts only have two. I can't confirm it fits, i can only relay what other people have said and what that company is advertising.

I have been swayed by the group. I think "gamer" should become a dirty word that is used by those who are mad they finish at the bottom of the pack but never actually work to become a better shooter. Nothing is wrong with finishing at the bottom, just don't hate on those putting in the time and money to get better.

Cheaters should be publicly shamed.

I care about my performance, if i shoot to the best of my ability and get beat I'll be the first person congratulating those who do better than me. So long as they're shooting a pistol in a pistol match. I have a PCC, it's a fun gun, but I have to agree with Grelber cover garments and PCC don't mesh.

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    That is 100% the full size. The full size has three slots on the rail where as the compacts only have two. I can't confirm it fits, i can only relay what other people have said and what that company is advertising.

I have been swayed by the group. I think "gamer" should become a dirty word that is used by those who are mad they finish at the bottom of the pack but never actually work to become a better shooter. Nothing is wrong with finishing at the bottom, just don't hate on those putting in the time and money to get better.

Cheaters should be publicly shamed.

I care about my performance, if i shoot to the best of my ability and get beat I'll be the first person congratulating those who do better than me. So long as they're shooting a pistol in a pistol match. I have a PCC, it's a fun gun, but I have to agree with Grelber cover garments and PCC don't mesh.

OK, once again, the full size 17 round M&P grip has NEVER fit in the CCP box EVER. It is the same grip as the M&P Pro, just shorter barrel. Once again, the compact BARELY does. Did not fit with Taylor Freelance basepads. I have owned, shot and boxed both (both old and new dimensions) so I CAN confirm it does not fit. I would be glad to meet you and prove it.

Also, a 4" gun is easily capable of winning SSP or ESP. I've seen a buddy of mine do it. If you think the shorter barrel length will prevent it at the IDPA target distances you haven't practiced enough.

At the end of the day believe what you want, and you can probably convince yourself that guys are beating you because they're "gaming". I have never found that to be true. I've shot 15,000+ rds since July, is that gaming?

Last edited:

MuncieFud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2018
    Muncie
    JWO483 I've got one match under my belt, you're probably much better than I am. I made the post to get a better understanding on what the people in the community think and get the information I needed to form my own opinion on what gaming is. It sounds like you're putting in the work to get better and if I saw you at a match I'd love to hear your criticisms of my shooting. If you look at my last post I clearly stated that based on the conversation and a better understanding I have changed my mind.

As for the 4.25 inch M&P fitting the CCP box. As per 8.2.4 in the IDPA rule book the box is 7 ¾” x 5 3/8” x 1 3/8”. I don't have a box that size but I have a tape measure. The gun does fit within the measurements with the magazine removed. (as best I can tell) If someone has a box and would like to take a picture of the first gen M&P 4.25 inch model with the magazine removed, not fitting the box I would be happy to admit I'm wrong.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    ahh the years before kids when I shot 25k center fire pistol rounds, plus another 5-10k of rim fire and rifle per year...
    I think last year I MIGHT have shot 1k rounds. :(

-rvb

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    ahh the years before kids when I shot 25k center fire pistol rounds, plus another 5-10k of rim fire and rifle per year...
    I think last year I MIGHT have shot 1k rounds. :(

-rvb

I know what you mean. Even though I am retired now it is hard for me to get 20K@yr like back in the day. With family, training, club responsibilities and keeping 5 Dillons running with one Rock Chucker for Benchrest rifle I don't get to shoot as much as I'd like.

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    They are all games and no substitute for proper training. Box size, division, blah, blah, blah. Be safe, have fun, practice skills you've learned in training, evaluate your gear selections, become a better shooter. If you feel that you can't effectively deploy your EDC in this setting, how is it going to be when your heart rate is at 200 and your life is on the line? I would argue that you are only doing yourself a disservice by not practicing/competing with your EDC. Why would you take practice time away from that just to run a different firearm so you can score a place or 2 better on a scorecard? Really doesn't make sense to me.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I love shooting IDPA. I like the game, I like the trigger time, I like haging out with all the friends I have made over the years. But most of all, I like shooting with my Dad. I also LOVE beating him almost every match.

If you look at my scores over the 3 or 4 years I have been shooting they have improved quite a bit. I am still a middle to 1/3 of the pact shooter.

I have never seen a shooter belittle another shooter, give him all kinds of crap?, oh you bet! That is what a bunch of people do when they get together and compete. In my opinion it's part of the fun. If you screw up (and God knows I have) you are going to get ribbed. I used to get made fun of because of the holster I used to use. I have thick skin, and I know it was just all in good fun. My Dad got DQed at the state match by a SO who has posted on this thread and they are still on speaking terms. It happens. I had to DQ my first person at the January indoor match and he was my buddy that I rode to the match with. I'm glad I drove. haha

I should be at ACC in April. Can't wait to see all you guys there. -Jason

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I should be at ACC in April. Can't wait to see all you guys there. -Jason

I plan to be there also but sometimes things happen. The comment about your dad got me thinking, the first time I got DQed was at Wildcat valley. About a year later I was working as an SO at the first Indiana State IDPA match held at Atlanta. The CSO I would be working with looks at me and said, "Didn't I DQ you up at Wildcat Valley ." Sure was him but no big deal. Anyone in the shooting sports has been DQed or they will be DQed at some point in time. Jim.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    As far as Gaming Goes.

When I was new to the game my mind was thinking in real life you will not hear "ARE YOU READY ........STAND BY........BEEP" so I always thought of it as let the beep surprise me. That would be more realistic training. Then a good man and great friend from a match stated it this way. " Imagine your in a situation that is escalating and even though you don't want it to happen you are mentally prepared for it and just waiting on the situation to get to the point that you have to defend yourself. The moment you make that final decision to GO is the same thing as the BEEP" once I thought of it this way it changed my whole mindset on the gaming issue. Now I and everyone else anticipates the beep and use it launch the stage.

It's all about the mindset and the attitude. Use it for what it is. FUN and you will learn how to shoot better.

AppliedB

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    JWO483 I've got one match under my belt, you're probably much better than I am. I made the post to get a better understanding on what the people in the community think and get the information I needed to form my own opinion on what gaming is. It sounds like you're putting in the work to get better and if I saw you at a match I'd love to hear your criticisms of my shooting. If you look at my last post I clearly stated that based on the conversation and a better understanding I have changed my mind.

As for the 4.25 inch M&P fitting the CCP box. As per 8.2.4 in the IDPA rule book the box is 7 ¾” x 5 3/8” x 1 3/8”. I don't have a box that size but I have a tape measure. The gun does fit within the measurements with the magazine removed. (as best I can tell) If someone has a box and would like to take a picture of the first gen M&P 4.25 inch model with the magazine removed, not fitting the box I would be happy to admit I'm wrong.

5 5/16" by my measurement of the first gen M&P 9 we have here at the store. I don't have a pic handy though.

AppliedB

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As for gaming, I think Rhino put it best. IDPA is a scored competition, ergo it is a game. In any sport (baseball, basketball, auto racing, shooting, etc) the goal is to improve performance at the sport to win. Some of that is finding the equipment that works best and taking whatever margin of advantage that gives you. In shooting sports that also will necessarily require honing skills that may not translate well to concealed carry defensive pistol use.

I don't think that's a problem, as long as the shooter has realistic expectations about what they can gain from the shooting sports. Nothing else will improve your gun handling as much or as quickly, but it doesn't teach tactics. If your goal is to get batter at handling your EDC than by all means, shoot your EDC. If you goal is to perform better in competition, find the biggest heaviest gun that fits the division you shoot and load ammo to 126PF to shoot faster. Either approach is perfectly acceptable as long as you're within the rules. I don't think guys in either "camp" have a legitimate gripe about the guys in the other "camp" but I hear people complaining about the other camp all the time. It's unfortunate.

Top Bottom