• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Ive always thought they'd do better as a retailer if their stores were half the size they are now, the exact inventory they have now minus the sea of sweatshirts and over priced firearms/optics because I do appreciate the stuff like camping chairs, rifle cases, large selection of SD ammo, fishing lures and worms etc

I think you are correct. Their business model with high overhead demanding huge volume to even break open is only sustainable in an economy with lots of discretionary cash. Despite the BS unemployment figures from Washington, the wage realities in this country really have very little extra cash in the pockets of most.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think you are correct. Their business model with high overhead demanding huge volume to even break open is only sustainable in an economy with lots of discretionary cash. Despite the BS unemployment figures from Washington, the wage realities in this country really have very little extra cash in the pockets of most.

We have made some purchases in the G mountain. My spouse likes the clothing. We have bought chairs and other camping related things that are not so readily available. A few ammo purchases if the price was not insane. Beyond that we have no desires to spend time/money in any of those stores.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    The Avon store is always understaffed, it`s hard to get waited on, and I`ve seen management pretty rude and snippy with their own floor people. They seem pretty much like jerks. It was great to see a store kind of like Galyans, well stocked and so much hunting and fishing stuff all in one place. And no comparison to Dicks, which has almost no selection and what they do have is cheap. But the Avon Gander Mountain at least, has been very, very disappointing.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Not surprised in the least. I walked in that place about 15 years ago. About had a heart attack when I saw prices. Never been back.

Never see any cars in the lot when we visit the mall. Place is always dead. It won't be missed.

Hope something good goes in its place.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So when do the liquidation sales start? I could careless about the firearms, I could use cleaning supplies, clothes, and any reloading stuff i can get my hands on.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Same store I went into a month ago where the manager told me they can't get 7.62x39 ammo cuz obama banned the sale of it.

also told me nobody sells AKs anymore, can't get them nobody makes them.

can't see how they made 23 years

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Same store I went into a month ago where the manager told me they can't get 7.62x39 ammo cuz obama banned the sale of it.

Dang.. guess I should conserve my 7.62 and make a custom case for my AK.!!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

It took close to 30 min to do the background check on a handgun. I ordered Gander online to their store only because I found a $30 off coupon. For a S&W 5946 $369 was a good price, especially for one made in 2013 long after civilian sales ended and they went straight to LEO only.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    From today at castleton The clerk there assured me they are doing fine and that $13 for a box of 20 AE.223 was reasonable "since it's the 50gr stuff"Lolz

Attachments

• IMG_2499.jpg
      IMG_2499.jpg
      353.5 KB · Views: 35
    • IMG_2502.jpg
      IMG_2502.jpg
      735.4 KB · Views: 22

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County

That explains why Midway sent me an email offering a Stoner upper assembly in 7.62x39 for only $279.99.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Retail is getting hit hard. Pennys, Macys and Kolhs closing stores, and I read today Sears finally said they are not going to make it. Which we knew anyway. I dont mind shopping online if I know what I want but when it comes to clothes and shoes I like to try them one to ensure proper fit.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Does this mean the guns are on clearance sale?

Yes. They are discounted 25% after quietly being raised 50% first. So that $499 Glock will now be on clearance for $550. (at least thats typically what happens with these stores that go out of business... the deep discounts are not as deep as they seem.

Top Bottom