• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Stopped in there today, since i had to go to Best Buy anyway, to see if any deals. They put price stickers on everything that is the exact same price as on the shelf. Advertising 10-30% off but all i seen was 10% off. Checked out camping, meat processing equipment, ammo, accessories, and reloading supplies. Not a thing i couldn't go get at Cabelas for at least 20% cheaper.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Stopped in there today, since i had to go to Best Buy anyway, to see if any deals. They put price stickers on everything that is the exact same price as on the shelf. Advertising 10-30% off but all i seen was 10% off. Checked out camping, meat processing equipment, ammo, accessories, and reloading supplies. Not a thing i couldn't go get at Cabelas for at least 20% cheaper.

Yep. Taking advantage of the sheep that go through life on autopilot taking everything at face value. (ooh! a sale, the prices MUST be good!)I learned years ago to beware clearance/going out of business sales. The sales are seldom worth it until the shelves start looking painfully bare.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The Gander Mountain in Indy has lousy customer service and the Background check took 30 minutes if not longer. The only reason I went there was because there selection was greater than Cabelas and at the time Cabelas wouldn't ship guns from other stores which they do now. When taking the background check they made me feel like a criminal. Seriously poor customer service.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I talked to a friend that works at the Ft Wayne location. I guess Camping World bought Gander under the bankruptcy. They are closing more locations and only keeping the ones open that are profitable and probably changing over to Camping World stores with no guns. About 20 locations that are doing well will stay a Gander Mountain (one being FW location) with the firearms. This is just word of mouth so I have no articles to share.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Now that every store is going out of business i would sure think the firearms will become reduced in price. Hard to move them to another store when they're all going under.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Went in there last week. Still price gouging the he** out of ammo and firearms. However, camo and a few other items had a nice 40% off. Glad to see them gone.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    The one in Terre Haute is closing too. When I went in there to talk to a friend who works there earlier I was told it wouldn't be closing.

So now they are closing it as well.

indyguy333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2015
    Huntington
    I bought a firearm at Gander Mountain a few years ago and foolishly purchased the "extended" warranty -- I called to ask if they were still being honored. While they placed me on hold to check, instead of music it was an advertisement to buy their extended firearm warranties. The lady gets back on the phone and says sorry, they are no longer honoring firearm warranties.

lol

Luckily it is a Daniel Defense and has a lifetime warranty anyway, but just cracked me up they shamelessly sell that stuff with no intention of honoring it. Shame on me!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Stopped in today after i couldn't find a thing i wanted at the gun show. Got a tree stand for $27 and a Bushnell 4-12×40 scope for $50. Decent enough to pull the trigger. Kid working said no more firearms sales after July 23rd and doors close for good the 29th

Top Bottom