• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Umm they do price match within 50 miles. They were the only one with an SR22 in stock this week, I had them price match Wittaker plus the FFL fee which is still a good deal. You just have to do your research. I will always buy local first but if no one has one then GM isnt the devil like some make it out to be.

vsinic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Would of done the same as you. and the people that work back there in firearms are so rude and like to talk down to you. I made the mistake of getting my xD there i will never get a gun from there again ill drive a few minutes down the road and shop at sniper co

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    Stopped by the GM n the Fort today, just to price some ammo and to fondle some lever action rifles. Found a lever action Browning .22 with plastic woodgrain stock for $600. I just shook my head and put it back on the rack.

Saw an Uberti Cattleman in .357 with the 4.625 barrel in the used weapon display case. They wanted $499. I bought mine brand new on Gunbroker for $250 plus $25 S&H and $25FFL.

Saw another man purchasing a S&W Bodyguard. Did not hear the price, but I had to force myself to walk away. I wanted to warn the guy, but decided MYOB was the best course.

What would you have done?

I was in that same gander a month ago just to kill time. Never to buy, they are such a ripoff. They were selling a gen 4 glock 23 with standard sights for 699. I about crapped myself. I called them out on it and the response I got was even more remarkable. He said "well, it's a popular model"

BBB ring ring

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    There's no excuse for being in a Gander Mountain. With that as a given, you still had no place interjecting yourself into their transaction. It is between buyer and seller. Let others do their own homework or suffer the consequences.

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    There's no excuse for being in a Gander Mountain. With that as a given, you still had no place interjecting yourself into their transaction. It is between buyer and seller. Let others do their own homework or suffer the consequences.

So if you were going to get your first gun, unaware of the LGS in town, and uneducated about guns and gun pricing you would like to pay 120$ more than a gun is worth. Or would you rather the nice gentleman standing behind you who sees what is going on speak up and save you money?

Shouldnt one enthusiast help another instead of letting them get taken advantage of?

Letting things like this go on only helps gander mountain and enables them to continue to do it. If your a supporter of your LGS shoulnt you steer them in that direction because each transaction like that will only take one away from your favorite shop.

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Gander Mountain actually price matches within 100 Miles. I work part time at the Fort location. The most common guns I end up price matching are Glocks. Sniper Co., Precision, and Freedom are usually what I end up using as the match quote.

In reference to speaking your mind to a customer who you feel is being mislead, either financially and or in terms of info/advice, speak your mind. All hourly employees are non-commission so a non sale is no biggie. Both parties might learn something as long as egos don't get crazy. Just depends on the attitude of the customer and the employee behind the counter. I'm not as bold as DocSkunk so I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:

ganderslander

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Stop Bashing People you dont know

How does one change a name on this site?? Is that even possible??

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    82523963.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Stopped by the GM n the Fort today, just to price some ammo and to fondle some lever action rifles. Found a lever action Browning .22 with plastic woodgrain stock for $600. I just shook my head and put it back on the rack.
    QUOTE]

I've never seen a browning with a plastic stock. Now I gotta go to the mtn and look around. Thanks alot!:rolleyes:

Every BLR I've ever seen had high gloss finish over walnut.:dunno:

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    QUOTE]

I've never seen a browning with a plastic stock. Now I gotta go to the mtn and look around. Thanks alot!:rolleyes:

Every BLR I've ever seen had high gloss finish over walnut.:dunno:

Ditto, except for the "go to the mtn" part. The nearest one to us is an hour or more away so, weighing the cost of gas and my time against my natural curiousity and scepticism, I just ain't that curious.

Every BL22 I've ever seen( and both of the ones that I've owned) had that (in)famous high gloss urethane-type finish over fairly nice walnut. And $600 would be at or very near the current MSRP for a NIB BL22.

IMHO, no "Preparation H" warning warranted on that one, anyway.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

Saw an Uberti Cattleman in .357 with the 4.625 barrel in the used weapon display case. They wanted $499. I bought mine brand new on Gunbroker for $250 plus $25 S&H and $25FFL.

Saw another man purchasing a S&W Bodyguard. Did not hear the price, but I had to force myself to walk away. I wanted to warn the guy, but decided MYOB was the best course.

What would you have done?

Just let him buy all he wants. Loads of gun dealers around me and they all sell new guns for less than used ones at GM. Occasionally the GM near me will have a decent price but it's rare and you have to look through every pistol and rifle one by one to find it.

Every time I go there I see someone buying a gun. :dunno:

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    I only buy scopes and sch at gander for the simple fact that there 10 dollar insurance is money well spent. No hassle returns..even if i break it. Otherwise i have a compulsion to hate both Gander Mountain and Dick(head)s sporting goods. Prices are laughable...to scary, and the staff have been less than...enthusiastic about questions. Tried to get dicks to order something in a "Black Rifle" form and was told those are illegal....yup...you got 2 of them on your wall in a flavor i didnt want....but you cant order the same thing in a longer barrel cause its illegal? And Gander....while i may be a bit over weight...that place might give me a heart attack earlier due to their prices.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I like the guys at Gander, maybe I am crazy. I have always been treated in a friendly and prompt manner, never ignored or talked down to. Their new prices are normally pretty high but in many cases so are the other shops around town. You can find descent buys on their sale products, but sometimes they have stuff you cant get anywhere else. They had a 22/45 Lite and sure it was high, but no one else in town had them and the ones I talked to couldn't get them either.

I was looking at a XDm 5.25 in 9mm and gander was cheaper than 21st, H&H, and Tomlinson when comparing same finish. All were over $100 more than what you could find online though.

But I have bought a few guns at gander used, got some pretty good buys really.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    It's a free market. Retailer sets the price and consumer decides if it's fair. Either buy or don't buy. Retailers literally can not "sit" on inventory for very long or they are losing $. Consumers sometimes choose poorly. All simple Economics.

ganderslander

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Ft. Wayne GM doesnt have any Browning with Plastics stocks, they have Nylon,synthetic & walnut no cheap plastic, its still a browning not a taurus!

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    YOu never have a bad experience at Gander so long as you don't buy anything especially guns
    :+1:True words from one who has purchased one gun at GM. They were just overpriced. Bass Pro sometimes has reasonable prices but, on the other hand excels at incompetence on filling out paperwork. I am not sure which is worse. Since these experiences, I just shop at my LGS.

Top Bottom