• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    I think that if their making money and selling guns.. Why should they change anything? Gander Mountain started as a small hunting and fishing store back in the day. So they were the little guy at one point too. Now of course they can afford to sell stuff at their prices.

Gibster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Boone County
    Just traded a Walther SP22M1 on a Ruger SR22 they had in their current fall ad. They base the trade-in value 50-60% of their retail price (high) for same weapon. So they gave me (cash) what I paid for the Walther NIB at gun show 4 yrs ago and took $20 of the SR22 sale price too, which was as good as I could have done at Bud's plus FFL transfer.

Note: They sell the Walther for $150 more than I paid for it.

I had seen others in there trading or selling on a previous visit. I think I did OK. Keep it mind if you need a decent trade-in price.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    The Gander Mountain in Hobart/Merriville will price match. All one needs to do is ask, bring in any coupon. As stated in a previous post, they didn't build their business on guns, but they price compete if you show an ad.

ganderslander

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    On a brighter side, we have Instant light charcoal for $.99 this week & BTW this is the tall bearded guy, cant change my name on here but still enjoy talking to you guys & always keep in mind we do price match so do a little research then come buy a guy from us!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you think GM is bad (and it is !) take a walk through Pop's or worse yet Don's !

Dons is beyond belief for the knowledgeable enthusiast. We sometimes use the range in the dead of winter to shoot something in or stress management but do so at risk. Not much skill behind the glass there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    On a brighter side, we have Instant light charcoal for $.99 this week & BTW this is the tall bearded guy, cant change my name on here but still enjoy talking to you guys & always keep in mind we do price match so do a little research then come buy a guy from us!

I think I will pass on the offer thanks. I get a bit Homo-phobic. Just saying.

ganderslander

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Pass opn the offer? Homo-phobic? Ill tell you right now Im not homo & if you think I am you come find me & ill set you straight, stop twisting my words

Sublime49er247

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I've never had a good experience at my local GM. I try to stay away unless they have something unique I absolutely want. Which these days is nil.

I prefer Dicks, when they had a limit (6 boxes) on ammo back in December I was able to talk the cashier in to letting me purchase 12 boxes at buy one get one half off. This was the last of the 12 gauge 2-3/4 shells they had in stock. I would have never been able to do that at GM.

Top Bottom