• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    The old Gander Mountain still owes me money in a gift card my then 13 year old daughter bought me one Christmas, from her own hard earned money. I was never going to shop the re-boot and am glad they are gone.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I chatted into their customer service group:

Melissa F (1/2/2019, 10:17:47 AM): Hello! Thanks for chatting with us at Gander. My name is Melissa. How can I help you today?

Me (1/2/2019, 10:18:13 AM): What's going on with the Gander Outdoors stores in Indianapolis. I'm hearing reports they closed suddenly and they are no longer listed on your website

Melissa F (1/2/2019, 10:19:35 AM): Unfortunately the store was closed on 12/31. At time we do not have any further information. I apologize for any inconveniences.

Me (1/2/2019, 10:20:05 AM): Well, then what's the procedure on getting a refund for the 3 year Good Sam membership your store employees talked me into a couple months ago?

Me (1/2/2019, 10:20:18 AM): I certainly have no use for a paid membership to a store that no longer exists

Melissa F (1/2/2019, 10:21:17 AM): You can contact the Good Sam membership at: 800.234.3450 and they will be happy to refund you.

Me (1/2/2019, 10:21:29 AM): Okay, I will give them a call

Melissa F (1/2/2019, 10:21:53 AM): Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Me (1/2/2019, 10:21:57 AM): No, that's it

So, there you have it. I'm going to call their membership group and see if they'll give me a refund. The prices weren't always the best, but when they had sales, great deals could be had. Just this last week I went there and was able to get 2000 rounds of Winchester M22 for 3.4 cents a round. Way cheaper than Walmart and anywhere else. Plus, I picked up Hornady Critical Defense for a pretty good price too.

Oh well. I'll update on the results of the call to membership. I might consider keeping it if there was a Pilot or Flying J close enough to me to use regularly, but as it stands, there is no point.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Alright, just got off the phone with their membership people. They told me that the membership is non-refundable, but that she would escalate it up because of the store closing less than 6 months after I got my membership. She confirmed the credit card I paid for the membership on. So, we'll see if I get a refund on my card or a check.

jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    Beowulf, Thanks for posting this. I just paid for three years yesterday, just before seeing this thread. I am more than a little irritated about this. I will be calling them in the morning to see if I can get a refund.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Wow. This really sucks. I paid for just one year about 6 months ago. I was just in there recently to buy another gun, and they tried to talk me into the 3 year deal, which I almost did, but backed out at the last second.

Black Smoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Hamilton County
    I bought my PMR30 there in October and predicted to the clerk that the store could not remain open with the lack of customers. I hope they have a liquidation sale. I scored some nice deals on the last liquidation.

Last edited:

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I don't think the owner of Outdoor World and Gander telling people that voted for Trump he didn't want there business earthier.

^^^^ This right here is good enough reason to not patronize Outdoor World or Gander!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Wow. This really sucks. I paid for just one year about 6 months ago. I was just in there recently to buy another gun, and they tried to talk me into the 3 year deal, which I almost did, but backed out at the last second.

Geez, if only you'd sprung for the 3 year membership they would still be open. Thanks a lot.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Beowulf, Thanks for posting this. I just paid for three years yesterday, just before seeing this thread. I am more than a little irritated about this. I will be calling them in the morning to see if I can get a refund.

Reverse the charge, site unannounced store closing to your CC company.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Honestly i hate that all we technically have left is shoot point blank for easy to get .22lr, i dont count walmart as good luck getting someone to open the case if they even have ammo at all.

Rural King / RKguns.com. Elmore's Guns. The Outdoorsman. Honey Creek Tackle. Indy Trading Post. Beech Grove Guns. Indy Arms Company. Ft. Liberty. Parabellum. Copperhead Ridge. Last on this list of mine would be Bradis. The others are in no particular order...but Bradis would still be last (not due to prices nor how I've personally been treated)

But the absolute best way to get .22LR ammo is to buy online and have it shipped.

jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    I just got off the phone with Good Sams membership. I was successful in getting a refund back to my credit card. I did not have to fight with them so I was pretty happy with the call.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    But the absolute best way to get .22LR ammo is to buy online and have it shipped.[/QUOTE]

At about 25% to 60% cheaper. That includes the good stuff also like SK, Eley, Center X and RWS.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I just stopped in the Greenfield store and bought some 22lr & 20ga shells.
    The manager told me the Greenfield location will be staying open. They just remodeled and will start parking RVs and other vehicles inside the building...

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    That’s BS. I bought a three year membership. :/

So did I + I just got two $25 gift certificates. Where's the next closest one to Castleton? I might need to call and cancel.

Sorry, just saw all the other posts. I can make a trip to the Greenfield store to use my gift certs. Not sure if I'll cancel my membership or not. I live close to the Castleton store & the Good Sam discount has saved me a decent amount of $.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom