• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I've been there a few times since they reopened under the new Gander Outdoors name, and there have always been more employees in the store than customers.

This doesn't surprise me.
    I’ve had the same experience. More employees walking around than customers. The only difference being that all of those employees pounced on me trying to sell me the club membership and touting the great discounts I would get shopping at Gander. Well, I didn’t fall for that one and after reading all the comments here, boy am I glad about that! Perhaps they will have a store closing sale and maybe, just maybe there will be some bargains. Otherwise RIP Gander at this location.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I’ve had the same experience. More employees walking around than customers. The only difference being that all of those employees pounced on me trying to sell me the club membership and touting the great discounts I would get shopping at Gander. Well, I didn’t fall for that one and after reading all the comments here, boy am I glad about that! Perhaps they will have a store closing sale and maybe, just maybe there will be some bargains. Otherwise RIP Gander at this location.

I get your comments, and agree to an extent.

I bought a S&W Victory .22 pistol there, and when purchasing the 1-year membership, I still saved more money than if I had not purchased the membership. I also picked up some ammo while I was there (got the discount), and then went back a couple of months later and purchased a SIG P320 X-Five, and saved a bunch more money.

Both of these guns were at the lowest prices (with the discount) than I have seen anywhere else since. I definitely came out way ahead. I am just glad that I did not upgrade to the 3-year membership when I bought the SIG.

The membership is well worth the cost of admission as long as there is a store around to buy from. Sucks that the Castleton store is closed, but I am going to try and milk as much as I can out of the rest of my membership at the Greenfield store.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I stopped by and walked thru the Greenfield store today just to kill some time. Since when did Gander start selling Class III? They had suppressors in one of the cases.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    I stopped by and walked thru the Greenfield store today just to kill some time. Since when did Gander start selling Class III? They had suppressors in one of the cases.

I wouldn’t trust buying a class 3 item from them; they may close at any given time without notice before you get your stamp. Then you’re up a sh*t creek with no suppressor!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Just buy your ammo at home without pants on like a normal human being!

As for gift cards. I'd imagine you can use them online. Once again. At home. No pants. I had a Cabelas gift card I just used online.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    So the manager said Indianapolis wouldn't allow the 2 stores to carry RV's which is a new mandate from corporate. That's why those 2 are closed.

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    On what? The pricing in the new stores (on guns at least) has been pretty competitive, much better than before.

Went into the greenfield store the other day, first time stepping into one since re-brand, and was pleasantly shocked at the firearms pricing. Wasn’t planning on walking out with a new toy but couldn’t refuse at the price, was on par with the ol’ Interwebs pricing and didn’t have to pay shipping or transfer fee.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Went into the greenfield store the other day, first time stepping into one since re-brand, and was pleasantly shocked at the firearms pricing. Wasn’t planning on walking out with a new toy but couldn’t refuse at the price, was on par with the ol’ Interwebs pricing and didn’t have to pay shipping or transfer fee.

What did you get?

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Alright, just got off the phone with their membership people. They told me that the membership is non-refundable, but that she would escalate it up because of the store closing less than 6 months after I got my membership. She confirmed the credit card I paid for the membership on. So, we'll see if I get a refund on my card or a check.

Whelp, they canceled my membership, effective 1/3, but I have seen no sign of a refund on my card, nor have I gotten a check.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Whelp, they canceled my membership, effective 1/3, but I have seen no sign of a refund on my card, nor have I gotten a check.

Double check those gift slips they sent with your membership cards because they expire!!! My 1st $25 was going to expire on 1/10 & I can't use the 2nd $25 yet. Sneaky bastards!

I'll buy yours if you aren't going to use them. :cool:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Oh, they price matched Indiana Gun Glub's sale price on an M9A3 + I got to use my $25 off cert. Win!

Top Bottom