• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a Ruger 10/22, added the sling and a Barska scope. Liked the setup so well I bought the scopes for my sons as Christmas presents. Shoots very well. Has never failed over the first box of Remington hollow points. It is far more accurate when mk2ja shoots it, though. Can't understand why. Unless it is that he had his eyes fixed so that now he sees better than 20/20. Take my glasses off and I can't find the floor.

The 10/22 is a good weapon. It is pricey, but that gives you options if you decide to play with it later.

If I were doing it again, though, I would consider a Henry lever action .22 just for the fun of the cowboy experience. But that is a lot more money.

Bottom line: buy what you like, but I would buy ammo at GM and get the rifle elsewhere.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    I am with Bapak2ja...Have the same config...10-22 with a Barska lit reticle scope. It is one with the metal trigger guard so its a little older one and boy does it shoot nice and accurate. Savage bolt 22s are also hard to beat but cost more. I have a Marlin 75 with a 4x scope that also is a great and accurate plinker. You might see if they have an old Marlin 60 used...nice old gun.

Top Bottom