• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cory nigra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    so i was in gander mountain the other day window shopping. before i could get any questions out of my mouth on any guns. the salesman started blasting usa made firearms. i like snw not to mention remington.

im looking for anyone thoughts on this matter. was he right?

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    His opinion is either based on his experience (maybe extensive, maybe not) with them or reading a bunch of stuff that other people have said. Either way, it doesn't really matter what one guy says if your experience tells you something differently.

It's not really possible to tell empirically whether he's right or wrong, only whether you agree or disagree with him based on your own experience.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    so i was in gander mountain the other day window shopping. before i could get any questions out of my mouth on any guns. the salesman started blasting usa made firearms. i like snw not to mention remington.

im looking for anyone thoughts on this matter. was he right?

Do you ever have an opinion?

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    In a gunstore, he who speaks the most usually knows the least. YMMV.

Aint that the truth .... last time we were ar Dicks (sporting goods) the guy was trying to tell my buddy he can shoot .308 out of his Saiga AK47 .... :facepalm: The guy said "It's just like how you can shoot 5.56 out of a .223"

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Let's see, Smith and Remington..............lawyer mods on some of their guns.

Smith- lawyer locks
    Rem- some lawyer locks and crap X mark pro triggers

If the GM salesguy was complaining about those two, I'd say he's onto something :)

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I dig my 5906. But I LOVE Communist weapons. Maybe that's how he feels too?

OFF TOPIC: If someone made affordable 7.62x25 hollow points and FMJ rounds, I'd carry a Tokarev. It's just that sexy.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Related story: I was at Cabela's with the wife last night, showing her the different styles of pistols. The elderly gentleman behind the counter almost refused to show us a 1911, stating it was a "dangerous gun that kills people". I deadpaned back without hesitation, "Isn't that the point?" :n00b:

There's no room for negative opinions in retail. If the person wants to see a gun, shut up and put it on the glass!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    When I am considering Purchasing something [STRIKE]that may/will be used to save my life[/STRIKE], I look at quality over where something is made. If US Companies, want my business, then earn it, with something other than the tired worn out saying buy American. They can pony up and compete or they can fold under, I really don't care.

One of the reasons, I will probably never buy another US Made Car...
    One of the reasons, I tend to buy a fair amount of tools that are foreign made...
    One of the reasons, My Kitchen Cutlery says made in Germany...

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Never heard of Cutco, eh?

I love cutco. I'd never heard of it before I met my wife. Their knives are the shiz.

I will buy domestic trucks, they are the only ones that know how to do it right. cars, well I will buy what fits us best, and right now the Koreans seem to have that right.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Yeah, I have. I rate them right up there with the ginsu knives you can find at most flea markets...

Not to derail the thread, but I'd take a Cutco blade next to Henckels or Wusthof any day. I've used all three and enjoy them all, but I still prefer Cutco.

On topic: I don't know about anything wrong with the US firearms. I just know that I haven't completed my Eastern Bloc collection yet.

Top Bottom