• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kamred41

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    he is right! sig sauer, glock, cz, walther, h&k, all euro, we have kel tec? smith? even worse remington, give us somthing good and we will buy American!!!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Well,I would call the guy an idiot to his face! First he is one lousy salesman who would alienate a segment of his customers to a point they would never purchase anything from him (and I would tell him that). Second, I think I am in a position to evaluate guns better than he is - My son and I have quite a few, both American and Foreign. I have a Colt Double Eagle, Colt Anaconda, Colt King Cobra, Rugers, S&W - M1 Garand, M1 carbine - none of which have ever gave me any problems in several thousand rounds of firing. I also have Tokorev rifle & handgun, AR, AK-47, Saiga, Nagants' rifles and handguns, Remington 700, German Mausers, English Enfields, Italian, Swiss and Swedish as well as Marlin and Savage. By and large I would rate the American made as either #1 o#2 in fit and finish and operation reliability - The Swiss is exceptional, and the German designed Mauser is one of the best designs of Bolt action (as well as the '08 we have). Ruger Colt, Kimber, Springfield and S&W have some of the best fit and finish in the world (some of the new Colts do need to be excepted). Even the cheap old Davis/Jennings type American guns compare well with the Russian in use. The point is no salesman should ever disparage any product he sells, rather he should give his honest opinion of items only WHEN ASKED.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    We should remember that this country was built with foreign investment ...and American
    labor.
    A salesman's job is to talk you into spending more than you planned, not talk you out the
    door. I a salesman acted like he wouldn't sell me what I asked for I would let him know
    I didn't appreciate it and wouldn't let him show me anything else till he did. Snotty
    behavior would cost a sale and if we saw the boss on the way out I'd tell him too.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I finally made it in this afternoon....like the store but the prices are beyond MSRP !!!!

EXAMPLE: Winchester 100 count .45acp hardball white box. I can get this a Walmart $32-$36....Gander price was $64!!!!!! WHAT?!

Had an older gentlemen spend some time withnicer em though it was clear we were it goog to buy....nice guy and knowledgable enough for what we talked about...however, there were two young men there who knew NOTHING about their products. I'm in sales and I guess we all start somewhere at some point but they need to mentor these young employees more.

Btw...I open carried my 1911 and although I got a few stares (mostly by gun people trying to see what I was carrying) all went well.

GONZO!!!

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    When I am considering Purchasing something [STRIKE]that may/will be used to save my life[/STRIKE], I look at quality over where something is made. If US Companies, want my business, then earn it, with something other than the tired worn out saying buy American. They can pony up and compete or they can fold under, I really don't care.

One of the reasons, I will probably never buy another US Made Car...
    One of the reasons, I tend to buy a fair amount of tools that are foreign made...
    One of the reasons, My Kitchen Cutlery says made in Germany...

You seem bitter; it must suck to go through life like that.

Top Bottom