• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Does anyone one INGO do garage door repair or could recommend someone? We think it's a broken torsion spring and we'll need to get it repaired before we sell our house in a couple of weeks.

Sorry guys, my house is located in Camby, IN.

Last edited:

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    First of all do no mess around with this unless you know what you are doing, very dangerous. I can give you the name of a company in NW Indiana but based upon your location not sure that will be any help. I had some work done on my garage door and got ripped off totally. Get quotes from several different companies. And beware they are going to try to sell you everything. Good luck.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We used a-1 garage door in bargersville and we're very happy. Affordable and fast.

Our door would move a bit and stop. Does the spring lack continuity? If a double door, replace both typically,
    but that's your call if selling.
    ---

Let our team of professionals help you choose the best garage door or opener for your residential or commercial needs.

A-1 Garage Doors
    515 W. Old South Street
    Bargersville, IN 46106

We are located at the southeast corner of Old South Street and County Road 400 West in Bargersville.

We accept: Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express, Cash & Checks.

Ask us about our senior discount.

Hours:
    8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
    Monday-Friday

9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
    Most Saturdays

PHONE: 317-422-5225

TOLL FREE: 800-755-6351

FAX: 317-422-8961
    TOLL FREE FAX: 800-823-3485

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not looking to get everything replaced. Anyone ever have this done and can give me an idea what I should expect to pay to get it done?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Thanks for the suggestions. My wife found a company willing to do the work for $135 and they are coming out tomorrow.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Torsion springs will kill you.
    Agreed.
    I do a lot of things myself but that one is off limits. I use Milburn.

http://www.yellowpages.com/indianapolis-in/mip/milburn-garage-doors-automatic-openers-457132951

RSW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pay the money to get them both replaced. If one went the other can't be far behind.

gklatv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Both springs replacement by the professional company would run around $230-250 in Indy.
    Expect to pay about $150-160 for just one.
    I'd also suggest to normally get both replaced at the same time ...unless you about to sell your house :)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    We are about to sell our house. I didn't want anything to go wrong after the buyers get in there, so we replaced both springs for $210.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    We are about to sell our house. I didn't want anything to go wrong after the buyers get in there, so we replaced both springs for $210.

LOL, when I first read this thread a while back and saw that people were saying the other one wouldn't last long, I immediately thought "Que is the kinda guy who will replace both because he wouldn't do that to someone.". Rep sent.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If any one else reads this and needs service: We also used A-1 with great success.

Note - if your vehicles are trapped inside your garage, that just *may* get you moved up a few spots on the work list....

-J-

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    thanks for this thread. My door is broken also. But it's the kind without the torsion springs. The springs are inside a tube or something. I'm confused by it. It will go down a little ways then stop.

Jason

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    LOL, when I first read this thread a while back and saw that people were saying the other one wouldn't last long, I immediately thought "Que is the kinda guy who will replace both because he wouldn't do that to someone.". Rep sent.

Yeah, I don't believe in karma, but I would certainly feel bad if the door broke as soon at the new owners moved in.

thanks for this thread. My door is broken also. But it's the kind without the torsion springs. The springs are inside a tube or something. I'm confused by it. It will go down a little ways then stop.

Jason

Jason, my wife called Precision Overhead and she thought they were pretty good.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    Hey guys,

I own 1st Choice Doors, LLC. we are a garage door company in Avon, IN. We are a smaller 5 person door company and take care of all your needs. If you have any questions feel free to message me or call us at 317-721-3667. We run specials on springs sometimes for 119.00 for one and 149.00 for both. I would happily do this for any INGO members. Rw20kr43 what you have is a Wayne Dalton Torque Master. They have little springs inside the shaft. The springs break sooner since they are so small and under higher stress. The best and cheapest option is to do a spring conversion which switches to standard torsion springs and get you away from Wayne Dalton's system. This will save money both now and in the future.

Just as a bonus I think all my employees are on INGO. This is how we team build at work.
    546700_460377403993264_584820174_n.jpg

Top Bottom