• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How about you not call peoples family racist and ignore their history because it doesn't fit your narrative.

You know what. I'm going to step out of character here, and apologize if you thought I was calling your family racist, because that's what you think. From my own perspective, and looking over the words I'd written, I did not call your family's racist. I'm just apologizing because you think so. Now can we move on?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Because I didn't. Your understanding of history is sorely lacking. In speaking of slavery with you, I never brought of racism, I never brought up white people. Why? Because black people also owned slaves. No, not the ones in Africa, but here... in the United States. Free blacks owned black slaves. But you didn't know that did you? You're so obsessed with being called a racist or white people being assigned with blame that you haven't even to bother yourself with the history of the institution. Based on that alone, I find anything you relate as fact from the past THREE HUNDRED YEARS as dubious, at best.

Again, you ASSume what I know and don't know. You could get a lot farther with these if you'd stop ASSuming everyone was less intelligent than you.,

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You know what. I'm going to step out of character here, and apologize if you thought I was calling your family racist, because that's what you think. From my own perspective, and looking over the words I'd written, I did not call your family's racist. I'm just apologizing because you think so. Now can we move on?

No, I'm done. You've used your race card one time too many for me. I can't take anything from you seriously at this point.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    How do you know? Serious question. I can't tell you if my great-great-grandfather owned a horse or even if he owned a horse or jackass, but you can say with certainty that your relatives from 300 years didn't own a slave? That's some pretty detailed record keeping. Did they own a boat, or a carriage, or a wagon? A horse, a cow, a goat? How many chickens did they have? Often when I hear this, I think of all the Germans who weren't members of the Nazi party.... Nobody it seems was a member of the Nazi party. Other than the large plantation owners, who couldn't exactly hide the fact that they owned hundreds of slaves, I have yet to meet a person whose ancestors owned a slave. But for the sake of argument, let's say you're right. Can you also say that they never rented a slave from a slaveowner, or visited a brothel where slaves were force to work? You can say they didn't own a slave, I guess, but you can't say that they didn't benefit from the institution.

Well you met me and mine did

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Obviously there are no records kept as to the mistreatment of slaves, so I can only offer anecdotal evidence. From the lore of my family, slaves were given a quota for the amount of cotton they had to pick each day. Most slaves would work their butts off to meet that quota, and would work to meet exactly that quota. If by chance someone went over that quota, then from then on, they were always expected to meet it. If they didn't, they were beaten. Obviously minor things could also warrant a beating. There a little hyperbole, when I said whips, because slaves were property, so if you beat a slave within an inch of his life, you're only harming your investment. However, getting beaten with a whip was a common punishment for slaves who tried to escape, obviously to send a message to others.
    As far as rapes go well that as simple as looking at the black population of Africa (which is almost universally dark-skinned) and comparing them to the black slave population in America through the ending of anti-miscegenation laws. There are plenty of light-skinned blacks throughout the South, which evidences their mix blood. Further, there is a history of friction between light-skinned and dark-skinned blacks that dates from slavery. Slave owners would keep light-skinned slaves in the home and dark skinned slaves in the fields. In many instances, the light-skinned slaves were children of the slave owner (or sons), and in some weird sort of parental obligation, they sought to treat the slaves that shared their blood, better than the slaves in the fields. Interestingly enough, these slaves in the home would keep having children with their masters, with the children getting lighter and lighter, to the point that they were indistinguishable from white people, and yet were still slaves. In many cases, once that happened, the children would be moved to other places (with their father's support) and live out their days as white people. There are names given for the amount of white vs black blood some slave had... mulatto (1/2), quadroon (1/4), octoroon (1/8).

The 'white' slave children of New Orleans: Images of pale mixed race slaves used to drum up sympathy and funds from wealthy donors in 1860s | Daily Mail Online
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadroon

That's some interesting information.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have been out of the conversation for a few pages but, I haven't seen any place where Kut called anyone out as racist.
    Kut- in responding to a statement you made a few pages back the basically nobody ever admits their family owned slaves.. Mine did. Given that it was legal and common for the time, I can't denounce them for it. I have no idea how well or how poorly they treated their slaves. I do know that following the war and the freeing of their slaves, they were so broke that they lost their plantation. Now, it's kind of ironic too that another part of my family history suffered from racism when they came here as Irish immigrants.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No.
    Apparently Kut makes people cry.
    and you know how delicate my feelings are.

I also have the uncanny ability to say things without actually saying them, too. But in light of TT's post about you being able "Cloverfield Lane" people, I will certainly avoid using my linguistic witchery on you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ha! All I know is I wouldn't want to **** you off. With your former career and your current ability to eliminate all trace of a body lol

Okay, I can see the steel mill for getting rid of bodies.
    But I'm not sure why a sub nuke would scare you. Unless maybe you're planning an ocean cruise.

I also have the uncanny ability to say things without actually saying them, too. But in light of TT's post about you being able "Cloverfield Lane" people, I will certainly avoid using my linguistic witchery on you.

I'll just rely on bureaucratic laziness. Cutting bodies up into backpack sized packages is so wearing in this heat.

Top Bottom