• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Let me get this straight. To save a dime or few per gallon of gas, we have to pay inflated prices in the grocery store...

You have to shop smart. Refuse to pay the inflated pricing and only buy loss leaders on sale. Meat, when on sale in the weekly add. Use the PIA digital coupons on items you always use. Other discounts and X times fuel points for specifics, etc.

Being on your game with storage pays also. Buy a bunch of burger, pork shoulder or loin on sale, it goes right into the freezer, for the next few months. Same goes with the longer storage dairy products. Besides being stocked up for that long time period, you have the option to not go to the grocery for weeks and weeks at a time. Only go to the store when the sales are worth your time and trouble. Also, when not banking much in the way of fuel points, it's a time to hit the other grocery's, especially for small purchases.

The other part of the equation is shopping when the fuel pricing is low, to take advantage of the points. And counting fuel points against other factors. There are times when the points aren't worth the trip or it's cheaper to get gas elsewhere or the best option is to just stay home and not use any gas at all, beyond necessity.

:)

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    U.S. crude oil exports hit record highs in the first half of the year, averaging 3.99 million bpd - up nearly 20% from the first half of 2022(which was the previous record), the EIA said on Tuesday.

Exporting millions of barrels a day. Loads of refined product. Is it any wonder gas prices are up?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    …and when I’m not sure I’ll be able to get the entire 35 gallon limit, I take gas cans to make sure it do. ;)
    My truck tank is only 24 gallons. TWENTY FOUR! Why would they put a 24 gallon tank in a truck? Anyone making a truck lower than 30 should get jail time.

But anyway, that's not a bad idea. I have a couple 5 gallon gas cans. Next time I fill up I'll have to drag those along.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My truck tank is only 24 gallons. TWENTY FOUR! Why would they put a 24 gallon tank in a truck? Anyone making a truck lower than 30 should get jail time.

But anyway, that's not a bad idea. I have a couple 5 gallon gas cans. Next time I fill up I'll have to drag those along.
    Assault trucks

No gas tank should be over 3 gallons.
    No one needs anymore than that.

And limit speeds to 10 mph.

Universal Background checks to buy a vehicle
    Background checks to operate.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

A real truck starts at 40 gallons of diesel.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Just saw an article on CarEdge: what do 1983 and 2023 have in common? 10% APR on new car loans.

The average interest rate last month on a new car loan was 9.95%. Over 13% for used cars if your credit score is 750 or higher.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just saw an article on CarEdge: what do 1983 and 2023 have in common? 10% APR on new car loans.

The average interest rate last month on a new car loan was 9.95%. Over 13% for used cars if your credit score is 750 or higher.
    Well. Klaus doesn’t want peasants owning cars.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    My Thing 2 is on his way to shoot a Bullseye Match a few miles from our familys place in St Marys Co, Md
    Reg was $2.98.9
    View attachment 304743
    $3.36 in Bloomington today. I was greatly surprised, every time world events happen it seems like prices jump, so with everything going on in Israel I expected to see gas over $4 when I went into town today.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    churchmouse was always an advocate for keeping adequate stores on hand for times when the pumps would not work because there was no electricity to run them. Buy when it's the lowest in recent history, treat it with stabilizer, hold onto it until the next time around the prices trend down again. We have adopted that plan as well.

We have enough on hand to get all our vehicles out to the country via back roads if they were on E.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Just had a 830 credit score get 9.5 on a camper today.

My sub-primes are 25.99.

If my cost on new units going up over 100 percent wasnt enough.

Top Bottom