• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I am planning a trip to Gatlinburg with the family and some friends next week for a couple days. I did research and it appears that in TN signs carry the weight of law as well as I don't have to inform when approached by a Police Officer.

Anything else to watch for down there?

wildcatze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville
    Gatlinburg is always a issue for me. I want to carry but I always end up drinking at the moon shine places and have to leave it in the hotel.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    We were there (technically, 95% of our time was in Pigeon Forge) late last month. The only place I saw posted as "no guns" was the crappiest restaurant I've ever eaten at in the area. Avoid Mama's Farmhouse on Pickel St. in Pigeon Forge, not only because they violate basic human rights, but also because their food is terrible.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    We were there (technically, 95% of our time was in Pigeon Forge) late last month. The only place I saw posted as "no guns" was the crappiest restaurant I've ever eaten at in the area. Avoid Mama's Farmhouse on Pickel St. in Pigeon Forge, not only because they violate basic human rights, but also because their food is terrible.

WOW! I was there last month as well and completely enjoyed my meal at the Farmhouse. I did notice the sign on the front door as I entered.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    WOW! I was there last month as well and completely enjoyed my meal at the Farmhouse. I did notice the sign on the front door as I entered.

We like the farmhouse too. Besides that I didn't notice any other signs.

Maybe it was because we go during the off/slow season. But when we were there, it was basically like bad/cheap buffet food, only it was served table-side/family-style.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Dixie stampede, lumberjack dinner show and anything Dollywood related is posted no guns.

I forgot that Dolly apparently hates the second amendment. No such problems, however, at Hatfield's & McCoys, Comedy Barn, etc.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have heard the Hatfiel and McCoy in conversations with our friends. I'm thinking we may end up there(unless there's somewhere else with a Hatfield and McCoy dinner show).

Thanks for the info. I don't plan on going to Pigeon Forge. With the short time we're there I hope to see the National Park and go through a few places in Gatlinburg and spend time in our cabin.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I'm going down in November, but hopefully will spend most of my time in the cabin with a coozie in hand. If you guys know any places specifically that are off limits in Gatlinburg (due to signage) and could let me know that would be great! I hate staring at doors for a few minutes each time to try and determine if I am legal or not...so stupid.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I'm going down in November, but hopefully will spend most of my time in the cabin with a coozie in hand. If you guys know any places specifically that are off limits in Gatlinburg (due to signage) and could let me know that would be great! I hate staring at doors for a few minutes each time to try and determine if I am legal or not...so stupid.

Things to be aware of to be legal posting it must be prominently displayed. Also if you were to carry in a posted area and were forced to use your firearm you could not be charged for carrying in a gfz.

Also be sure to check out Smokie mountain gun and knife. Nice people and good people prices especially for being in tourist trap central.

Oh Dollywood since she supports Hillary and is anti second amendment not a dime will I spend there.

Last edited:

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I heard Buds Guns now has a store & range in Sevierville, TN. right outside Pigeon Forge. So I have been told - I have not been in that area for a couple years.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I heard Buds Guns now has a store & range in Sevierville, TN. right outside Pigeon Forge. So I have been told - I have not been in that area for a couple years.

Bud's has a great indoor range.... Dollywood is not owned by Dolly, it's owned by the family that basically owns Branson... I have family that works corporate at Dollywood.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    A couple of years ago Ober Gatlinburg at the top of Ski Mountain was posted. Can't remember if the mall that their tram station is part of/next to was posted or not.

Top Bottom