• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Maybe you should take it up with the people writing the military manuals...

And exactly HOW do you make positive pressure in a combined sewer when there is a 2 foot long gaping hole at each end of a city block called a 'Storm Drain'?
    That would have to be one heck of a generator!

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Maybe you should take it up with the people writing the military manuals...

And exactly HOW do you make positive pressure in a combined sewer when there is a 2 foot long gaping hole at each end of a city block called a 'Storm Drain'?
    That would have to be one heck of a generator!

Wiggle all you want....
    It can also be released into the atmosphere into your neighbors home or business because you plumbed your exhaust into your sanitary sewer causing a crossed connection.
    Your neighbor may have his basement toilet pulled, and as simple as that, you killed his kids sleeping in the basement.
    It's called combustion, positive pressure pushes the exhaust out the exhaust system.
    You can stop it if you silver solder a plate on the end of the exhaust pipe.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    So don't do it.

Notice Clay Pigeon didn't offer anything, just had time to waste on an attack.
    His latest fantasy includes children, the next door neighbor having a basement, removed basement toilets, no home sewer vent, and no vents in the sewer all at the same time...

As for the guy asking about thermal signature,
    Bury exhaust vent, double or triple wall the pipe (outside shielded pipes being vented), several small vents, disguise as a furnace or chimney vent,
    I haven't done it, but I've seen diagrams of a water tank/cold bath vent, the exhaust vents underwater.
    Venting directly under water creates back pressure (weight/pressure of water) so you would have to look that up to figure it out.

Last edited:

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Screw all, 'y'all. I'm running my generator exhaust into my septic system.

If the tank was vented, it might work.
    Septic tanks always show up warm in thermal naturally, so it might disguise the signature.
    It might also blow up the septic tank since they build up methane gas...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How did we go from this:
    I've been thinking about installing some type of exhaust setup in my garage so I can run my generator from inside my garage so I can reduce the noise my neighbors hear and so I don't have to worry as much about it being stolen.

to worrying about heat signatures?

:dunno:

Seems like this thread had some scope creep.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Have you done or can point to any tests that show how much the thermal signature is reduced by these mods and how much of an effect on it showing up on thermal imaging equipment? Who would you expect to be coming around your house with this thermal imaging equipment and why?

That question...

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    So don't do it.

His latest fantasy includes children, the next door neighbor having a basement, removed basement toilets, no home sewer vent, and no vents in the sewer all at the same time...

Bury exhaust vent, double or triple wall the pipe (outside shielded pipes being vented), several small vents, disguise as a furnace or chimney vent,
    I haven't done it, but I've seen diagrams of a water tank/cold bath vent, the exhaust vents underwater.
    Venting directly under water creates back pressure (weight/pressure of water) so you would have to look that up to figure it out.

You are a fool with a backyard education with some of the things you post here.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Leave it to INGO to start with a discussion about how to quiet a generator and have it meander into wiping out a neighborhood and keeping "THE MAN" from knowing you have a generator running.

Truth be told, where I live, our houses are pretty far apart, so I don't have to worry about this at all. Had the thread not gone as it did, I would have had no interest.

INGO on!

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    So don't do it.

The guy who is worried about the heat signature of a standby generator and has spent a great deal of time thinking about it may not want to be the first one to bring the word Fantasy into the discussion

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The guy who is worried about the heat signature of a standby generator and has spent a great deal of time thinking about it may not want to be the first one to bring the word Fantasy into the discussion

giphy.gif

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Truth be told, where I live, our houses are pretty far apart, so I don't have to worry about this at all. Had the thread not gone as it did, I would have had no interest.

INGO on!
    That's how I wanted to live, somewhere out in the county and NOT in one of these "Vinyl Villages" but I had to keep the wife happy.

Top Bottom