• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    When my father passed away I was left with his WW2 P38. He had taken it off a guy in occupied France and brought it home. It has 2 magazines with the bullets that were in them when he took it from the guy that had tried to shoot him with it. These are late WW2 German Nazi bullets, each one has a small star of David stamped into the back of the case. What the heck does that mean? are they for shooting Jews? Why a Jewish star on Nazi war products? I have always wondered about this.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Maybe because the Jews in the camps produced most munitions for Germany towards the end of the war. It seems funny that the Nazis would have the star if David on their own stuff though. You have a real keepsake there, I'm so jealous...

Pics please!

:postpics:

Jmak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Blue Eagle, I have read that Hitler's quote is not authentic and he never said it. I am not trying to be difficult and I and seen the quote on various gun shop walls.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'd be willing to bet that though it looks like a star of David, it's actually just a star. One of the stampings on German ammo was to indicate what the case was made of. * or S* indicates brass. I took a look at some of my WWII German 9mm ammo; it's lacquered steel cased and thus stamped ST+

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'd be willing to bet that though it looks like a star of David, it's actually just a star. One of the stampings on German ammo was to indicate what the case was made of. * or S* indicates brass. I took a look at some of my WWII German 9mm ammo; it's lacquered steel cased and thus stamped ST+

I have seen Czech made (Brno) from the '50's with brass case and steel jacketed bullets with the same star.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Holy crap, all I have is a cell phone camera. I really don't think it will focus close enough to see the star...... Oh, I see..... You guys just want to eyeball my pistol! I will try tomorrow to take pics but I don't want anybody to coonfinger them! just glance then look away!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Holy crap, all I have is a cell phone camera. I really don't think it will focus close enough to see the star...... Oh, I see..... You guys just want to eyeball my pistol! I will try tomorrow to take pics but I don't want anybody to coonfinger them! just glance then look away!

Cant you see find an example of that star online and post the link on here?

It's probably not what you think it is.

b5452c21bebb2db583680446c9511c83.jpg

There is no eagle on it?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Got this from another list after doing a Google, "...was the marking of Povaska Bystrica ammunition and rifle factories under German occupation (the PS is a postwar HS of Povaska Strojarne (same factory). dou factories were in what was "Slovakia"...technically a separate Republic from 1939 to 1945, but still under German control.
    The other markings on the HS are : *- brass case, Single Berdan Flash hole (offcenter)--a Czech development of WW II for steel cases to save on flash-hole drills, and still used by Czech factories (on brass as well) well into the 1950s). In the late 1940s-early 1950s, Czechoslovak ammo factories used a combination of stars, rings, etc as indicators of case origin and design. NO connection with "star of david", Israel or any other Political connotation."

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I somehow doubt if a Jewish slave-laborer stamped a Magen David on there as a practical joke. SS guards were not exactly known for their sense of humor.

Top Bottom