• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Most 22 enthusiasts that I know would pass right by a stack of Thunderdud 22 ammo. Perhaps that and the $8 price markup is why they have not flown out the door by now.

I've only bought Remington 22lr when I've been desperate, but there's a lot of desperate people out there wanting some 22lr, even for the $8 more than it used to cost years ago it's still a good buy in today's world. I hope it's a sign of things to follow.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Yes, don't ever buy remington 22lr. Save it all for me!

I am not saying that I would never buy Remington 22 ammo. Just that I would pass on an overpriced brick of Thunderduds. I would be interested in buying some Remington Golden Bullet ammo at a decent price. They work great in my CMMG AR15 22 conversion.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I am not saying that I would never buy Remington 22 ammo. Just that I would pass on an overpriced brick of Thunderduds. I would be interested in buying some Remington Golden Bullet ammo at a decent price. They work great in my CMMG AR15 22 conversion.

I don't know what Golden Bullet you've been shooting, but the rounds from the Bucket 'o Bullets that I picked up right after .22 got scarce have been of terrible quality.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Do they still have any in stock? Limit?

They had a pile about 8 feet long, 4 feet wide, and 4 feet tall as of yesterday afternoon (maybe bigger), plus more on the shelves, so I'm pretty sure they have plenty left. No box limit whatsoever. So, buy 1 or buy them all, I guess.

$29.99 per brick works out to be just shy of $.06 per round, which is pretty good these days.

They also had a smaller quantity of 300 round CCI Mini-mag boxes, also for $29.99.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I don't know what Golden Bullet you've been shooting, but the rounds from the Bucket 'o Bullets that I picked up right after .22 got scarce have been of terrible quality.
    My gun likes GBs and TBs, if they suck so much I'll take em off your hands for a fair price :)
    I agree 29.99 for 500 is an ok price. Blythes in valpo has no bricks below 49.99... Plenty in stock, but people still pay for it. Another reason I don't shop there

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Do they still have any in stock? Limit?

I stopped by after work today and by a quick count estimate there was well over 1,000 plus boxes on the floor plus the sales man said there was an unopened full skid in the back. No limit and with tax it ends up at 6.4 cents a round. They also have a large supply of other ammo. The gun prices didn't impress me and a couple of the guns I would be interested in were about $50-$75 over normal market value. but if that's the only place you can find them it might be a good deal to you.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Thunderbolts work a hell of a lot better than the WWB I've been seeing lately. A few extra bucks to have it readily available and to deter the flippers is fine by me.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

The Remington GBs work well in certain guns that like the rounded bullet profile. That's not to say that they go bang every time, but it isn't typically for failure to feed in these guns. They are the recommended ammo for Advantage Arms conversion kits. The AA kits won't feed the Federals at all due to the bullet shape. I have a box of Thunderbolts I picked up not that long ago, but haven't had a chance to try them out. I understand that they lead barrels quite a bit.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville

I have been shooting Golden Bullets from a Bucket 0' Bullets that I bought about 2 1/2 years ago. It is the "New & Improved" version if that makes any difference. I will agree that they are not of great quality. They are dirty as mud! Your hand is black by the time you get a few magazines loaded. Some are not tightly crimped and you can easily twist the bullet in the case. They go bang every time and eject properly all day long in my CMMG 22 AR conversion though, which does not like my favorite Federal 550 22 ammo or second favorite Federal AutoMatch at all. I can't fire three rounds of either of those without having a jam bad enough that I have to pull the rear takedown pin and take the conversion out to clear the jam. I don't use the Golden Bullets in any of my other 22s.

dljx3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    I am still a fan of Georgia Arms. Their canned heat (500 or 1000 rounds in an ammo box) is generally a good deal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom