Get your buddy off the fence and in it. 300 delivered for a reliable AR15? Yes.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I struggle to justify the one I have. I don’t love it. We’ll see if the current one is kept longer than the 6 months the last one was.

I am in the same boat. I have a Ruger MPR and while it works fine and shoots where i want it to I like shooting my SKS and pistols way more. I damn near want to trade it/sell it and get a Scorpion.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am in the same boat. I have a Ruger MPR and while it works fine and shoots where i want it to I like shooting my SKS and pistols way more. I damn near want to trade it/sell it and get a Scorpion.

I picked up this one as I wanted something that is cheaper to shoot than my 308 and a semi-auto. It fulfills both of those, I just haven’t made any bond with it. If someone offered close to what I have in it, I’d probably let it go and just replace it with a bolt action.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    How do these PSA uppers run with steel cased ammo? I've got a hip deep stack of cases of Wolf .223 that I bought cheap for blasting through my M16 and HK33/53. I also happen to have a couple of stripped billet lowers I picked up cheap from a small manufacturer in Southern Indiana that got flooded out the other year (the lowers were fine, stack on shelves, but their shop got trashed and they were clearing everything out).

Good. I got one of these PSA uppers a while back to run with the echo trigger in my spikes lower. Figured if I was going to burn up a barrel, let it be a cheap one lol

Dang thing is solid, no problems with steel cased and running it hard, with or without a silencer.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Good. I got one of these PSA uppers a while back to run with the echo trigger in my spikes lower. Figured if I was going to burn up a barrel, let it be a cheap one lol

Dang thing is solid, no problems with steel cased and running it hard, with or without a silencer.

Nice. Thanks. I went ahead and ordered one of the black nitride pistol kits. Who knows when I'll get around to building it, but it'll be there when I want to I guess.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Nice. Thanks. I went ahead and ordered one of the black nitride pistol kits. Who knows when I'll get around to building it, but it'll be there when I want to I guess.

Build kits are like Oreos. Better to have them in the pantry than have to run out in a snow storm to get some. :laugh:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Has PSA's shipping gotten any better? Haven't heard anything lately about them

NO!

I ordered 3 of the Blazer Brass Black Pack ammo boxes on November 16. I got 2 of them a few days later and have yet to see the 3rd one.
    UPS says they never received it. PSA says it was lost between their warehouse and UPS. They said that they would ship a replacement and I should have it by November 30.
    Well, it's December 6. I sent them an email on Monday (since they weren't answering their phone) and asked them to give me a tracking number for the replacement shipping or to cancel the order and give me a refund if it hasn't shipped yet.

Crickets. No reply email, no phone call...nothing.

If I don't have a tracking number or my ammo by Monday, I'm filing a dispute with my credit card company and PSA can fight with them instead of me. Either way, PSA can go **** themselves as far as I'm concerned. Will never order from them again. Too many competent companies in the game to waste time with idiots. Had never ordered from PSA before, but lesson learned.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It amazes me how much the pendulum swings regarding quality around here. There is such a huge gambit on here of "brand X is cheap crap" to "brand X is just fine" to even "brand X is reliable". Five minutes later I find the "BCM/LMT/DD or nothing" comments.

EDIT: While I'm 'complaining' (I already know that some will see my comment this way) I'd like to know why the "frankenrifle" is so commonly disregarded as low-end junk even though some of them are built specifically because the builder wanted high-quality parts that a factory rifle doesn't come with? What's the difference in hand-selecting and assembling a $2300 rifle vs. spending $1800 on a factory gun and another $250-$300 on upgrades?

There is a noticeable difference in quality on the market but that doesn't mean there isn't a place for all of it. I have three AR15s on hand with LMT lowers & BCM uppers, high dollar optics and nice triggers. Why? Because I want them to be something I can rely upon no matter what and in my experience that is exactly what those components will deliver.

On the other hand I just ordered three of the PSA pistol kits. One for me (new truck gun) and one for my daughter and wife for Christmas. I also jumped on Amazon and ordered three Magpul rear sights and three Bushnell TRS-25s for them. Are these pistols going to be tools I'd bet my life on? Not in a million years but they'll be something my wife, daughter and I can shoot and have fun with and should the time come they'll both know where to find the good stuff and how to use it.

There's room in the market for a wide variety of products. Some will buy lesser quality and figure if it goes bang they've outsmarted those spending more money on higher dollar stuff. There are also those who don't mind spending a few more bucks for the peace of mind that buying tested & proven quality components will provide.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Phylo,
    What is the purpose of the new truck gun for you, if the gun is not one you'd bet your life on? Road pop?

As long as it proves reliable it'll be something I'll keep readily available but that I wouldn't spend two months mourning the loss of should it come up missing on me. I don't spend much time worrying about end of the world scenarios and my pistol will most likley be the primary tool I'd use to get out of harm's way (and get to a better weapon system). Most likely the AR pistol would be something to have on hand to dispatch a coyote with on the fly.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    I always tell myself I'm going to save for a Daniel or something along those lines... then I come across these PSA sales and talk myself into a few builds rather than one "High End" rifle. I'm very happy with my PSA rifle builds, buts damn I need to stop putting that Daniel on the back burner and actually get one haha

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Phylo,
    What is the purpose of the new truck gun for you, if the gun is not one you'd bet your life on? Road pop?
    Kinda what I was thinking.

As long as it proves reliable it'll be something I'll keep readily available but that I wouldn't spend two months mourning the loss of should it come up missing on me. I don't spend much time worrying about end of the world scenarios and my pistol will most likley be the primary tool I'd use to get out of harm's way (and get to a better weapon system). Most likely the AR pistol would be something to have on hand to dispatch a coyote with on the fly.
    Makes sense.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Twas a good Christmas this year. My wife and daughter were actually excited about their new coyote killer pistols. I just got through putting all three together and I have to admit that I'm impressed with the fit and finish of these kits. I bought three Anderson lowers and out of all three builds I had zero issues. Everything fits properly and assembled as it should. I forgot to order risres for the red dots so zeroing & training the ladies will have to wait for another week.

My thanks to Prometheus for posting the deal.

F6tarZIh.jpg

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I got mine in pretty fast considering the time of year. I opened it up, but have yet to assemble anything.

I should have gone with the pistol variation instead of the rifle.

Top Bottom