Get Your Orders In, UPS Likely To Go On Strike…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    If this does happen and people switch to FedEx, I would expect deliveries to take a day or 2 longer than normal. It will be physically impossible for the delivery drivers to get everything done in a day so some thing will have to be pushed back to the next day. The delivery drivers are subject to DOT laws that limit their driving days to a total of 12 hours and they are supposed to have a minimum of 10 hours off. Point is I wouldn't get to excited about getting things as on time as normal.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If this does happen and people switch to FedEx, I would expect deliveries to take a day or 2 longer than normal. It will be physically impossible for the delivery drivers to get everything done in a day so some thing will have to be pushed back to the next day. The delivery drivers are subject to DOT laws that limit their driving days to a total of 12 hours and they are supposed to have a minimum of 10 hours off. Point is I wouldn't get to excited about getting things as on time as normal.
    And I would expect that to continue to backlog more and more, the longer any strike goes.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Was chatting with my UPS driver (been dealing with him for 25 years) today about the potential for a strike. He said there isn't going to be a strike. Now I don't know if corporate bigwigs are telling drivers that if customers inquire, to say that, but I have zero reason not to believe him. Let's hope he's right

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Was chatting with my UPS driver (been dealing with him for 25 years) today about the potential for a strike. He said there isn't going to be a strike. Now I don't know if corporate bigwigs are telling drivers that if customers inquire, to say that, but I have zero reason not to believe him. Let's hope he's right
    Sounds like he was right to me…

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I talked to mine today too, he is also a long time driver. He said it has been decided for awhile and this is just a big show. He has seen shipments increase as companies have been ordering extra incase of strike.

He also said he doesn't think he will ever see an air conditioned truck. Also talked about how ac in trucks won't work well when the back of the truck is 100 degrees, they shut their truck off at every stop, and are always opening and closing doors.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Yes, confirmed on multiple sources that the strike has been called off. Hopefully this new contract won't raise prices too much, but it probably will. The cost to ship anything these days is insane!

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    The cost to do anything these days is insane!

Yes, partially true. Inflation affects everything, but some prices have gone up a lot more than others in the past 10 years.

Shipping is so high now it makes no sense to buy or sell low-priced goods. When I buy something cheap on ebay, the shipping cost is more than the item. This is the reason I buy a lot of cheap things from China. The shipping is really low, because it's based on yuan at the source, and not dollars at the destination. You can ship from China to Indiana far cheaper than shipping from Indiana to Indiana.

Top Bottom