• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    See I'm kinda like that too. A 1911 is 45 ACP. It just is. However, I can definitely see myself competing with a 9mm 1911. The recoil from 9mm will be much less than 45 so I can get back on target quicker. What can it do that my G34 can't? Well my first thought is it has the best, most clean breaking trigger in the game (remember I'm pretty new so don't flame me too hard for that statement haha) but it also just seems like it fits the hand better so far for me.

Holding my G34, my hand definitely holds it, I can tell I will shoot well with it (once I upgrade the trigger) but there's something about the 1911 it's like it was made for my hand. That's definitely going to be a preference thing though. Seems like my Glock is thin side to side which feels a little awkward whereas my 1911 is a bit thinner front to back and a little fatter on the sides (with the grips) and feels very natural to hold.

There is a secret to make any single pistol feel good in your hand. LOL

1-Fill a 30 gallon drum full of ammo.
    2-Fire all of said ammo though pistol being fitted.
    3-The secret to make the gun feel good will be found in the bottom of the drum

This work best when done with a single gun at a time. It may take multiple drums if alternating between guns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    Thanks CJ. I made a post in your thread asking about the steel challenge with a few questions. I'm trying to do the research myself but I'm thinking I'm not searching correctly because I haven't been in the game long enough to know what to ask.

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    Thanks CJ. I made a post in your thread asking about the steel challenge with a few questions. I'm trying to do the research myself but I'm thinking I'm not searching correctly because I haven't been in the game long enough to know what to ask.

I answered the best I could on the other thread. I'll pm you my contact info.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    There is a secret to make any single pistol feel good in your hand. LOL

1-Fill a 30 gallon drum full of ammo.
    2-Fire all of said ammo though pistol being fitted.
    3-The secret to make the gun feel good will be found in the bottom of the drum

This work best when done with a single gun at a time. It may take multiple drums if alternating between guns.

so very true !!!

i dont shoot very many pistols in competition, both my 1911's had the same grips, and a very similar feel to them.
    my RFPO ruger MKIV 22/45 is now wearing the same (modified) 1911 grips. it fits my hand much better now.
    ive been running the same 1911 in USPSA open for 25 years. i added a slide racker to the gun after i broke a finger, and couldnt rack the slide anymore, only things that have been changed in that gun have been springs, and an occasional cleaning.

:cheers:

you know the old saying, "beware the man who only owns 1 gun"

Top Bottom