• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sig MPX slung over the shoulder then? Time to help the new bride understand that PDWs are considered handguns/pistols and go all in... maybe go ahead and get her one too?

5a326e8ac9a2828d5f52029f06c64f3c.jpg

Boinggggggg. Oh sorry that was my AR recoil buffer spring, yeah ;)

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Here is the game plan

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/heritage-rz-45/

$1200 on GunBroker , no mim parts lots of handwork for the price. A solid no nonsense 1911 that will last you a lifetime

https://www.miltsparks.com/products-other.php

Then you call these people Monday to place your order, 6 months probable wait time but they are the best leather holsters made currently. I would suggest a 55BN or an Axiom. Black leather shark or elephant trim, get a matching belt and double mag carrier. Should run you about $500 bucks for the set. You are now set for the selected $1700 budget. Have a great wedding

x89KtmA.jpg

Different pistol obviously but a 55bn trimmed in shark is a good looking holster IMHO, could not talk about it and then not not post pics

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So here is the deal for a BBQ gun it has to have mystical ability!

A DW can really be one upped by a ED Brown or a Wilson!
    No Polymer guns really have “it” even a custom high dollar Glock.
    Runners up are nice High Powers the CZ really doesn’t work for young guys that do not remember when we couldn’t get one because of the whole “Cold War” thing.

Note: Information for young people

Jeff Cooper was a Icon for many of us and the absolute authority on pistols for a couple of generations. If you wanted a Auto we really only had the 1911 or High Power. A 1911 in .45 ACP was considered the best pistol in the world with basically no exceptions the 9mm was a inferior round that could get you killed.
    Jeff Cooper endorsed the CZ back in the day so everyone wanted one.
    The revolver guys followed Elmer Keith and a .357 was on the low end lots of people actually carried .45 LC, .44 SPC, .41 MAG, .44 MAG.
    We read magazines made of paper that were distributed once a month that’s how we “learned” before the inter webs.

I hope this help some of you to understand the world in the long ago days pre 1999 or so.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I second this choice but for me it is the Blue finish. These are stellar offerings along the lines of any 1911 in the price point and hands down better than most.

I’ll add a third vote for this except I’d go with the case hardened finish and add VZ ivory double diamond grips. This would make a proper BBQ gun. If you up the budget by another $600, you could go for the mammoth ivory grips.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I’ll add a third vote for this except I’d go with the case hardened finish and add VZ ivory double diamond grips. This would make a proper BBQ gun. If you up the budget by another $600, you could go for the mammoth ivory grips.

Honestly, I don't even want to get NEAR the budget. I want a nice handgun that will have a little bit of sentimental value added to it.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Well no marriage advice from me. But what I would do is get a good 1911 take it to AllenM have him work his magic on it, now it will be a one of a kind with a special place for you to share a special moment.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I picked up a 2 tone Les Baer at a gun show for $1500. Still not even broke in... so there are some guns out there in your price range that would be really nice.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    You can't go wrong with a Springfield loaded stainless in 45acp of course, or a Kimber eclipse custom in 10mm. I own both and enjoy them both. The wife just recently picked up a Sig Spartan that also shoots really well and had a distinctive look to it.
    Good luck.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    You can't go wrong with a Springfield loaded stainless in 45acp of course, or a Kimber eclipse custom in 10mm. I own both and enjoy them both. The wife just recently picked up a Sig Spartan that also shoots really well and had a distinctive look to it.
    Good luck.

oo 1911 Stainless is always a winner! Mahogany or Rosewood? That is the big decision!

flylo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2017
    decatur
    I got the best deal of my life 38 years ago this month. It was love at 1st sight, met her at my Grandmas funeral. When we were married 6 months later she said I could have anything I want except another woman. I've had planes, hunting camps, guns, toys of all kinds. Best deal I've ever made. She's having cancer surgery today. Good Luck my friend!

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    For $1k or less I’d get a decent wheel gun, put some pretty grips on it, and get a nice leather holster.

I think it’d be tough to get a 1911 plus holster for under a grand.

Top Bottom