• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Patriot86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2023
    Fair oaks
    Is it hard to get to the 50 messages to be able to reply to folks I just want to buy few rifles for hunting.. indiana has different rules for public land than I'm use to don't know anyone out here yet with private to use what I have so just seeing how I can get this done to be able to respond to yall

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Thank you I appreciate that
    The other, even better option, is to become an active participant in the forum.

We do talk about guns, but if you look through the threads, this is about the LEAST gun-saturated "gun" forum I have seen.

My point in that is that, even if you are here to learn/buy/sell, there is a virtual guarantee you can contribute positively to somebody's threads.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Many newcomers fret about the 50 post thing, and I find most of them to fall in one of two categories:

1. The new/inexperienced social media user who is not comfortable with online communication; or

2. The user who thinks that the rules are stupid and don’t/shouldn’t apply to them.

I get the vibe that you @Patriot86 fall into the first category. Most of us have been around since this place was created and have seen a lot of people come and go. We’ve seen some newcomers go off on tirades, we’ve seen some go on posting runs to try to get to their 50 in an hour just so they can buy their shiny object, and we’ve seen some take a few years to get to their 50 because they are not big talkers but lurk and read EVERYTHING.

The key to it is just to be yourself and reply to conversations that genuinely interest you, with real replies that you would say in person. Nothing any more difficult than that.

Welcome aboard!

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Is it hard to get to the 50 messages
    No, but it is a bit more challenging to get 50 quality posts.

The whole point of that rule is for us to get to know you (new members) and differentiate you from some rando on the internet. This is serious business in an uncertain environment and it behooves us to be careful and remain diligent with whom we deal with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom