• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So if someone was unhappy with the rules and how the site is run, can they just leave the forum on their own without first being banned? Just wondering. I have no issues and intend on sticking around.
    There's a log out button. I don't know what it does because I've never used it. I might just have an addiction.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They tend to like to leave in a ball of fire.

200w.webp

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Every day is a bad day. I run a self-funded humanitarian charity.

Every day I see silly rules put into place that hinder the rational move forward to help other people.

People CLAIM these rules have a purpose, but... the purpose is ALWAYS self-serving, and not serving others.

Look, I kinda get the 50 rule. You want to create a community... but everyone comes off as a massive jerk about it. Do you REALLY think that creates a community or a buddy-buddy echo chamber? Do you not get the feeling that with a 50 comment limit, you're mainly just going to get 50-51 comments and that's it?

Did that help?

Look at my very first post here, y'all did that to me then.

And since then, through absolutely ZERO help from ANYONE HERE IN MY HOME STATE, I created a full gun career. That sounds silly doesn't it? You guys could have been part of it, but people here were jerks, so I wrote ya off.

The funny thing is, I could bring in just about any CEO or engineer from any gun manufacturer into this forum to chat with y'all, but I'd be embarrassed to, because this is not a friendly forum.

I could let you know all the interesting things to come, before Shot Show even starts getting talked about. But y'all are mean. Why would I?

I get so much free stuff given to me, that if this was a friendly forum, I would just give it to y'all to auction or raffle off for money. I had an ammo company before the shortage, sending me a case a week. I was handing it out like candy... oh that's right, last time I did anything was at ProTeq. I was handing out boxes of ammo like it was burning my range bag.

Would it really kill you people to be pleasant?

Seriously?

I repeat myself from earlier in this thread, but it is relevant.
    No, but it is a bit more challenging to get 50 quality posts.

The whole point of that rule is for us to get to know you (new members) and differentiate you from some rando on the internet. This is a serious business in an uncertain environment and it behooves us to be careful and remain diligent with whom we deal with.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Every day is a bad day. I run a self-funded humanitarian charity.

Every day I see silly rules put into place that hinder the rational move forward to help other people.

People CLAIM these rules have a purpose, but... the purpose is ALWAYS self-serving, and not serving others.

Look, I kinda get the 50 rule. You want to create a community... but everyone comes off as a massive jerk about it. Do you REALLY think that creates a community or a buddy-buddy echo chamber? Do you not get the feeling that with a 50 comment limit, you're mainly just going to get 50-51 comments and that's it?

Did that help?

Look at my very first post here, y'all did that to me then.

And since then, through absolutely ZERO help from ANYONE HERE IN MY HOME STATE, I created a full gun career. That sounds silly doesn't it? You guys could have been part of it, but people here were jerks, so I wrote ya off.

The funny thing is, I could bring in just about any CEO or engineer from any gun manufacturer into this forum to chat with y'all, but I'd be embarrassed to, because this is not a friendly forum.

I could let you know all the interesting things to come, before Shot Show even starts getting talked about. But y'all are mean. Why would I?

I get so much free stuff given to me, that if this was a friendly forum, I would just give it to y'all to auction or raffle off for money. I had an ammo company before the shortage, sending me a case a week. I was handing it out like candy... oh that's right, last time I did anything was at ProTeq. I was handing out boxes of ammo like it was burning my range bag.

Would it really kill you people to be pleasant?

Seriously?
    Would you like to scroll up-thread and review the post where you referred to the staff as "gestapo"?

I'd take a breath and consider a few things.

First off, if I was unpleasant you wouldn't be on post #74 now because you'd be banned.

Second, this is a moderated discussion forum with a classifieds section. Yes we have rules, particularly enforced in the classifieds. INGO is too important of a communications platform to put at risk, rules will be enforced, period, dot, end of statement.

Finally, 50 quality posts or site supporter status to access the classifieds . Hardly seems like a hill worth dying on considering there is a big Internet out there.

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    The whole point of that rule is for us to get to know you (new members) and differentiate you from some rando on the internet. This is a serious business in an uncertain environment and it behooves us to be careful and remain diligent with whom we deal with.

As someone that has done cybersecurity for 28 years, I'm curious to hear how this works, I'd love to add it to my repertoire.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Would you like to scroll up-thread and review the post where you referred to the staff as "gestapo"?

I'd take a breath and consider a few things.

First off, if I was unpleasant you wouldn't be on post #74 now because you'd be banned.

Second, this is a moderated discussion forum with a classifieds section. Yes we have rules, particularly enforced in the classifieds. INGO is too important of a communications platform to put at risk, rules will be enforced, period, dot, end of statement.

Finally, 50 quality posts or site supporter status to access the classifieds . Hardly seems like a hill worth dying on considering there is a big Internet out there.
    What he said.

And even though I don’t see a dime of that money (all staff are volunteers) Id love to see this 50 post crap go away and make the classifieds accessible only to site supporters So we didn’t have to deal with this sore subject Constantly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom