• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Awesome project. Building your own seems much more rewarding than just buying one. I’ve eyed the 50 cal, but have no where to really stretch out the capabilities. Kind of what is keeping me away from the 338 Lapua

I dont really have anywhere to really stretch it out either, more about the build and experience for me.

If I ever move back out to Montana I will haha

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I dont really have anywhere to really stretch it out either, more about the build and experience for me.

If I ever move back out to Montana I will haha

i kind of feel bad... I was offered a Barrett M107 with optics and accessories for a steal. I knew I didn’t have a place to shoot it, so I told a friend about the deal knowing he had a .50 on his wish list. He bought it... now when he finds a place to shoot it, I will still get some trigger time. Of course, I will bring my own ammo...

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    i kind of feel bad... I was offered a Barrett M107 with optics and accessories for a steal. I knew I didn’t have a place to shoot it, so I told a friend about the deal knowing he had a .50 on his wish list. He bought it... now when he finds a place to shoot it, I will still get some trigger time. Of course, I will bring my own ammo...

That's my number one rule with the M2. If you want to shoot it, it's BYOB lol

Didn't mind sharing a few rounds here and there with my bolt action, but not the M2. They disappear too quick.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Got the receiver parkerized over the weekend, along with a few other thing, an 1100 and a .50 beowulf barrel. Put a few small things together, like the top cover, pawl brackets and extractor cam. I've got to order a couple small things today to finish it up. Nearing a close to this build..

sa8q9aL.jpg

S0CfxZx.jpg

tzKJXqG.jpg

iDaDcH8.jpg

IuzmVJB.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Got the receiver parkerized over the weekend, along with a few other thing, an 1100 and a .50 beowulf barrel. Put a few small things together, like the top cover, pawl brackets and extractor cam. I've got to order a couple small things today to finish it up. Nearing a close to this build..

sa8q9aL.jpg

S0CfxZx.jpg

tzKJXqG.jpg

iDaDcH8.jpg

IuzmVJB.jpg

That’s looking really good.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Well tonight I finished up the M2 and will be bringing this thread to a close... Maybe one more post if I can figure out how to load a video up of it shooting. I started this build about 4 years ago not knowing very much about the M2 itself. Learned a lot, and have been very fortunate to be able to have the opportunity to do this, especially in my 20s. With a lot of hard work, sweat and blood (literally, she bit me pretty good) it all finally paid off.

I appreciate everyone that has tuned in and thank you. If anyone ever has the opportunity to build a Semi-auto variant like this, I hope that you find this thread helpful and insightful. But caution I am no expert and will never claim to be, these are simply the methods I used and worked best for me.

happy plinking Ingoers

7crxNCJ.jpg

ol43HiW.jpg

79T7rsJ.jpg

I7LD5II.jpg

XiAyXIW.jpg

MkFhra3.jpg

whoopss

4cNYW0U.jpg

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    So I finally got a tripod, pintle, T&E and went to the range over the weekend to test the m2 out. She worked great, had a couple minor adjustments first couple rounds but after that ran like a sewing machine. We'll as close as a semi-auto would allow hahaha.

Thanks everybody that followed along through this thread. Trying to figure what my next project will be now that the M2 and glock are done.

dSUtcrs.jpg

ixybFzw.jpg

VK25Am3.jpg

jejWhke.jpg

H00h2nM.jpg

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Great project buddy. This will be on my plate in the next couple years. I REALLY want to build a post sample. Parts kits look like they are becoming a little hard to find, but I'm sure an occasional one will pop up from private sellers.

Thanks again for sharing.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Great project buddy. This will be on my plate in the next couple years. I REALLY want to build a post sample. Parts kits look like they are becoming a little hard to find, but I'm sure an occasional one will pop up from private sellers.

Thanks again for sharing.

That's awesome! Well done.

Thanks guys. That's my ultimate goal one day also praff. I'd really like to find a transferable side plate though. They're definitely starting to dry up, that's one reason why I went ahead a did the project. Kept watching the prices go up over the years, figured better now than later.

Hellfrozeover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2020
    Seattle
    Great thread! Can you post pics of the "bolt stop"? The little rivet that goes on the LHSP near the top over? I cannot figure out which way the notch in the rivet is supposed to go. Thxs!

It is this guy:
    5009392.JPG

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Great thread! Can you post pics of the "bolt stop"? The little rivet that goes on the LHSP near the top over? I cannot figure out which way the notch in the rivet is supposed to go. Thxs!QUOTE]

I apologize for the delayed response. Haven't been too active the past month or two.

The notch should face towards the rear. When the bolt is back you can "seat" the extractor in the notch to keep the bolt held back.

I will get a couple pictures of it for you in the next day or so.

I do caution using a press to install that piece. In all honesty, a press all the way around on the rivets vs. torch and air hammer.

The hole for that particular piece is located very close to the edge of side plate. It will bulge the material out if pressed too much and will cause top cover fitment issues. This is also true with almost all the rivets on the M2 using a press to "crush" the rivets. If I was to do it again I'd use a torch and air hammer. The rivet material would flow more freely, taking less force to form the rivet than crushing it. It would not put so much stress around the hole so to speak.

Hellfrozeover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2020
    Seattle
    Ah that makes sense. My first build I never used one and it ran fine without so I wasnt sure what its purpose was. This second build is kicking me in the pants lol. When I fire it, the bolt doesnt want to unlock, so barely moves back.
    Many thanks man. Again, awesome build thread!

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Ah that makes sense. My first build I never used one and it ran fine without so I wasnt sure what its purpose was. This second build is kicking me in the pants lol. When I fire it, the bolt doesnt want to unlock, so barely moves back.
    Many thanks man. Again, awesome build thread!

No prob, Thank you! Ya it isn't really needed, makes it nice at the range though when you want a good visual of an empty chamber.

curious, is your breech lock facing the right direction?

Top Bottom