• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Would that be down in Butlerville? I did some work on that property a few years ago on the dam and had some meetings in one of the buildings and yes it was an odd place. That is if I am talking about the same place as you.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    All three, but especially bringing things back from a dream. I have lots of dreams about things I don't own and they seem so real that when I wake up and realize I don't have them I'm let down. But, I've NEVER actually acquired something new from a dream. I want to hear about that!

When I was 12, maybe 13, I used to sleep in a lot during the summer time. I have found, that for me, I dream the most when I sleep in.

The first night was an odd one, as this was the first time it happened to me.
    I had a dream that I standing in my room, looking at myself. I thought, that's odd. That looks like me. That looks like my room.
    The clock said 4 something AM.
    I woke up sharply for one reason or another, most likely because I realized THAT WAS ME I was looking at.
    The clock said 4 something AM. It was the same time I had just seen.

The next night was the odd one.
    I had a dream that I was to meet this girl on a train. This wasn't any usual train either. This was a traveling mall train (hint hint entrepreneurs.) It was a train that came by every Friday or so, once a week. It had all sorts of shops on it from front to back.
    It came to the city where I was to meet this gal, and stopped for several hours. After those hours, the train would be scheduled to leave to the next city.
    In my dream I met the gal, although to this day I couldn't tell you what she looked like.
    We went wild - and we decided to get a tattoo of each other on our arms.
    I was first.
    I remember the artist started out with black outlining, and then suddenly the train jerked.
    He had smeared the outlining. The voice came over the loud speaker that the train was leaving, and if you didn't want to go to the next city, then you should depart the train now.
    The girl BEGGED me to stay to get the tattoo finished.
    With a fearful sense of urgency, I HAD TO GET OFF THAT TRAIN. NOW. FAST.
    She begged me not to go. I got up out of the tattoo chair and ran out the door as the train departed, leaving the girl behind.

When I woke up in the morning, there was black ink EVERY WHERE on my sheets.
    On my right arm, right at the shoulder, was a big black smudgy mess. No writing could be seen, just a LOT OF BLACK INK.
    There were no pens in the house. For one, we had to use pencils in school for every thing. No pens what so ever. Second, we were poor at the time. Pencils were a rarity, and pens were non existent. School supplies were scarce, and came when I found them or was given them at school.

I freaked.
    I went to the bathroom. On the way there, I was busted by the mom police.
    WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!?!

Yeah - uh huh - explain this one to mom Jon.

"Well you see mom I brought this tattoo back from my dream...."

Busted er GROUNDED for one week. Mom stated I had a pen in the house and was hiding it for what ever reason, and that I was lying to her when I told her "I don't know how that got there."

Ok ok.

Before you all say, "Well there must have been a pen some where in the house...."

1.) No
    2.) Just like the outline a tattoo artist uses, it washed right off in a long dark line of shower water down the drain. No pen ink, or magic marker, or permanent marker, or pen ink would do that to my knowledge.

:popcorn:

I have more if interested, but no more of bringing things back from the other side of a dream.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Personally, I do not believe in ghosts, but I believe in the "spiritual realm". I think that when we pass on, we go away from here, however, I do believe in "spirits" that are not human in origin. Is that where these events come from? I am not sure. Could it be explained by a merging of dimensions, an energy signature left behind, etc? Yeah, that too. lol

As for why these things haven't been measured or explained yet...well, lots of things in science aren't proven, until they are :D

One experience I had was when I was doing some freelance work for a friend of mine's company. Since I was going to his house to pick up the truck, he asked if I would let his dog out. He lived in an older house, probably 60 years or so. He warned me that lately the dog had been staring down the hall way at different times toward the bathroom, shaking and growling low in her throat like she was scared, and even sometimes peeing on the floor.

Well, sure enough, I go to let her out, she meets me at the door, I go in to get her leash and she moves over to the hall and acts just like he said. It sure looked like she was looking directly at something down the hall, she growled and let loose with her bladder. I went down the hall toward the bathroom, looked around, even looked out the window in case there was something outside causing it, but nothing that I saw...

Not sure what that was all about, but it did creep me out a little bit.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    Turboguy: Very bizarre regarding the ink! I'd love to hear more if your willing to share. You can PM me should if you don't want a story out in public

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I've got 2.

1. When i was younger and lived at my parents house i would often hear what sounded like footsteps coming up from the basement. I always just assumed it was the house settling or something. On this particular occasion i was 16 years old and asleep in my room. Again i hear the thump thump thump getting louder as someone is lumbering up the stairs, my eyes are still closed as this is kind of common so i'm used to it. I then hear my door creak open (which after this i wd-40'd my door as it scared the **** out of me). The door opening was enough to get me to open my eyes and sit up in the bed. My mom then rounds the corner, but she looked odd. She was carrying a load of laundry as she drifted into my room. I noted that she wasn't bouncing when she walked and that i could kinda see through her. I said "mom?" out loud but she didn't respond or really even look at me. She then set the load of laundry on my bed on top of my knees, but i didn't feel any weight. I looked at the laundry and raised my leg in disbelief that it was full yet didn't weigh anything. The laundry slipped off the side of the bed and hit the floor without a sound. I then looked up at my "mom" who was on her way out the door before she made it to the door she looked back at me with an evil grin that freaked me out. I jumped out of bed and grabbed a rag on the floor (possibly a spankerchief) and threw it at her. It passed through her head and slapped against the hallway wall. She went out my door and into the hallway with me close behind. As i came around the corner she was gone. I stood there for a second thinking that was ****ed up but then though "holy **** my mom is dead" I ran to my parents bedroom and she was sound asleep...and by sound i mean snoring her ass off.
    I don't think it was a ghost though as my mom is alive, but i wasn't on drugs or hallucinating.

2. My ex girlfriend calls me freaking out as she's at a friends house and something freaky has happened. I basically explain to her that i have no idea what she is talking about and honestly don't care (probably why we broke up) to hear her talking all high pitchy and advise her to tell me tomorrow when she gets back. She gets home and is still freaked out and proceeds to tell this story...all high pitchy and annoying (again probably why we aren't together anymore). She was having a sleep over drinking party with 2 of her high school friends somewhere out in the sticks. Its about midnight and all 3 of the girls are in a truck driving to Ann's house with Ann behind the wheel. They're almost to Ann's house when they drive past a neighborhood with one of those lit up stone walls with a sign "pleasant acres" designating the name of the neighborhood. In front of the wall were 3 kids no older than 13 standing 6 feet apart and staring blankly at the road. Sarah, my g/f, looks at ann and jill and says, "did you see those ****ed up kids? that was weird". Ann then locks up the brakes in the middle of the road and stares blankly forward. Sarah and jill are like "what the **** ann?" And ann just sits there. Jill grabs Ann's shoulder and Ann turns to her and starts speaking in latin then begins vomiting all over the place. Sarah and jill take off running and go to Ann's house to get her father who returns to the truck with them. Ann is now sitting in vomit and crying as she doesn't know where she's at or where everyone went. Her dad thinks she's drunk though they haven't started drinking yet, and this put a damper on the mood anyways. Sarah and jill tell her dad that everything was cool until they saw those creepy kids. Her dad gets in the car and drives up to "pleasant acres" where they saw the kids and in front of the wall was 3 crosses set 6 feet apart (the ones that people put up when someone gets in an accident). He returns and takes the girls to the house convincing them that Ann was sick. On the way home, the girls see the crosses as they pass the neighborhood and freak out some more all the way home.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Ok…one more story. Unfortunately this one doesn’t have a happy ending and still gets to me.

A good friend of mine had an experience like no other. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. About a year before the specific day this happened, my good friend’s grandma past away. His grandma was pretty much the woman that raised him and this was his first experience with death. He had been having this reoccurring dream were she would appear in the distance and seem to have something to say to him but would never get close enough to him. Each dream he had she would get a little bit closer each time.

The morning of this specific event he was having a dream. This time his grandma walked all the way up to him, touched him on his face, walked over to a couch, laid down and died. The dream startled him so much that it woke him up. He woke up on all fours. The dream also woke up his wife who looked at him to see if he was ok. His wife then began gasping for breath. She ended up having a massive heart attack and died right in his arms. She was only 31 years old.

I flew out that week to Arizona where he lived. He is an English teacher on an Indian Reservation. It was one of the most unforgettable weeks I will ever have. My friend actually dug her grave himself with a shovel in the middle of the desert. The day of the funeral was one of the hottest days I’ve experienced. The Native Americans were singing church hymns in there Navaho language in the background. Not a cloud in the sky. The minute her body was lowered into the grave, a storm roles in and it actually became cold. The wind had to be gust of 40 mph. Sand was flying everywhere. The whole time the Navaho Indians were singing in the background as we shoveled sand into the grave.
    That gave me goosebumps, sorry about your friend.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Not a ghosty story, but...just an oddity...

Growing up, my BFF and I would play in the original settler's cabin that was so broken down, it was only used for storing feed.
    Being a kid, my imagination would sure get away from me and there were a couple times that I swear I could almost see a scene of what living there a hundred or so years prior must have been like. I had a pretty powerful imagination, right down to what I thought they'd have worn.
    My favorite "pretend" was "the mom"...I always envisioned her wearing "Little House on the Prairie" type dresses and having honeysuckle blossoms plaited in her hair.
    Fast Forward:
    Around last November, the BFF & I found each other on FaceBook and did the whole "do you remember when..." spiel. About everything.
    When we started talking about that old cabin, she said something like "Man, I remember I LOVED hanging around in there. Sometimes I'd go out there after you went home and I'd pretend I lived there with a mom who would weave flowers in her hair. It was so real you could almost smell honeysuckle...I'm a good pretender!"
    Anyhow,
    Point being that neither of us ever told the other about what we thought we "imagined" (or did we?)...and every single person who ever went out there always got a peaceful feeling of "home".

One time when my aunt was visiting, she loved the feeling the place gave her so much, she took an easel out there and painted it.
    Here it is, with the only difference being the placement of the hitching rails.
    She didn't know why she decided to paint them there instead of up against the cabin where they were...but come to find out later on, the original placement was right where she painted them.
    Take that for whatever it's worth. Ghosty? Maybe not. Odd? Sure.:

HomesteadCabin002-1.jpg

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy
    If you insist.

I don't believe it.

Show me the proof.

Have you ever had your phone in your pocket and feel it vibrate, then go to check to see who is calling but there is noone there and it's no longer ringing? That's a ghost calling you.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    A guy at work lives up on Allisonville across from an old cemetary.

He lives in a brand spankin' new house, but he, his wife, and their daughters have all seen several "spriits" or whatever in the house.

He even has a recording of one talking to his dog.

They had the ghost hunters come over to the house and they setup audio digi recorders in several places, then everyone left the house. You can hear them leaving in the background. Then you hear a click click click of a dog coming up to sniff the recorder and this little voice comes on and says, "Good girl Ginger" which is the dog's name.

It FREAKED ME OUT. I have never seen a spirit, but I will wake up a night with a feeling like I've heard something or that someone is in the house. It's probably just the cat or dog, but of course my imagination runs away with me. I've also been hearing what sounds like foot steps on the roof of the house, but it's most likely just the rafters creaking when the wind passes over them.

I totally believe in the spiritual realm of demons and angels though. Some days I'll just be in a totally pissy insecure mood, I'll say a prayer and instantly feel better. There have also been way too many close calls for me to leave it to chance that I survived.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Of course!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000031681571#!/profile.php?id=100000123686723&ref=ts

I belong to this team, and make my own equipment to quantify phenomena.

The actual website needs to be updated before I post the address, but if you have something you want investigated, PM me and I'll take it to the group leader.

This is not some ragtag teenage thing; the members' ages run from early 20s to 50+, and has been around longer than that show on television (which I refuse to watch btw).

That said, I'm one of the skeptics and look to refute evidence. My girlfriend is a professional photographer - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...raphy/131525746867416?ref=ts&__a=9&ajaxpipe=1 (that's not her in the pic - it's a pic she did for someone) - and analyzes any questionable photographs.

That said, I have seen (actually heard) irrefutable proof of something which I cannot explain, exactly ONCE. My meter spiked and there was a disembodied voice along with a presence behind me. It was also picked up on several recording devices.

Very interesting stuff, though I'd like to branch out into the UFO department again (I had my own group and we did this. The group members went their own ways over the years, and I eventually shut down my group. I got with these folks when I had the opportunity since they are through-and-through professionals with very cool toys).

Josh

Top Bottom