Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    [/COLOR]
    wEiwQQe.jpg

How funny would it be if there was a possum in his redneck baby Bjorn?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The local DNR Officer recently caught a guy on a acquaintances land he has some of the game cams that send a picture to your phone. The DNR Officer response time was about a 45 minutes he was asleep and lives in town so not bad considering a 30 minute drive.
    The charges are using private land without permission and harvesting ginseng out of season the guy has done this before and was caught in the national forest by the rangers.

I get upset over ginseng is a natural resource if harvested in the wild the berries need to be replanted so the plants can reproduce only mature plants need to used. I personally have no tolerance for theft IMO this is worse than simple theft it’s your land and everything on it is yours It's part of being a American.

Don't get me started on mushroom hunters

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The local DNR Officer recently caught a guy on a acquaintances land he has some of the game cams that send a picture to your phone. The DNR Officer response time was about a 45 minutes he was asleep and lives in town so not bad considering a 30 minute drive.
    The charges are using private land without permission and harvesting ginseng out of season the guy has done this before and was caught in the national forest by the rangers.

I get upset over ginseng is a natural resource if harvested in the wild the berries need to be replanted so the plants can reproduce only mature plants need to used. I personally have no tolerance for theft IMO this is worse than simple theft it’s your land and everything on it is yours It's part of being a American.

When we had the family farm years ago almost in another life this crap happened even then but more mushroom and coon hunters. Squirrel season was a treat as well. My family dealt with this rather harshly and in todays world it would be frowned upon but not then. People have not changed much when it comes to this.

I was a bit young for most of this but I heard the stories and knowing my people they were for the most part true.

Pretty simple really. If it is not your land and no permissions STFO of it. If it is not yours do not touch it. LITFA. Pretty simple.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I feel like you might have a polar bear infestation and should set some traps to ensure they don’t get out of hand on your land.

In all seriousness, the disregard of personal/private property really upsets me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I have planted ginseng and goldenseal at every house I lived at and on my FILs property. In 25 years I have never been able to harvest a single root because of all the "help" I get from folks like those shown in the photos. I finally gave up wasting money on seed.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I’ve got some land which I think would be good for Mountain Ginseng, where would I be able to get some seeds to start planting?

Most of the seeds online don’t look like what I’m looking for, or maybe the pictures don’t match.

I’m a noob to this and only know stuff from what my father taught me.

I don’t plan to use it as a cash crop, but just to have it all around would make me happy

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I’ve got some land which I think would be good for Mountain Ginseng, where would I be able to get some seeds to start planting?

Most of the seeds online don’t look like what I’m looking for, or maybe the pictures don’t match.

I’m a noob to this and only know stuff from what my father taught me.

I don’t plan to use it as a cash crop, but just to have it all around would make me happy

here you go.....https://wildgrown.com/

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

ive had trespassers walk right by me while I was turkey hunting. I stood up and about scared the **** out of em, asked what they were doing? The reply was “we were mushroom hunting and didn’t think anybody would mind”. When there is a locked gate at the front of the property, that’s a good indication that we don’t want trespassers.

Top Bottom