• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The local DNR Officer recently caught a guy on a acquaintances land he has some of the game cams that send a picture to your phone. The DNR Officer response time was about a 45 minutes he was asleep and lives in town so not bad considering a 30 minute drive.
    The charges are using private land without permission and harvesting ginseng out of season the guy has done this before and was caught in the national forest by the rangers.

I get upset over ginseng is a natural resource if harvested in the wild the berries need to be replanted so the plants can reproduce only mature plants need to used. I personally have no tolerance for theft IMO this is worse than simple theft it’s your land and everything on it is yours It's part of being a American.

Don't get me started on mushroom hunters

Saw that in the local fish wrapper. Hope he gets more than a slap on the wrist this time but I doubt that will happen. He was probably out digging the morning after getting out of jail.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The local DNR Officer recently caught a guy on a acquaintances land he has some of the game cams that send a picture to your phone. The DNR Officer response time was about a 45 minutes he was asleep and lives in town so not bad considering a 30 minute drive.
    The charges are using private land without permission and harvesting ginseng out of season the guy has done this before and was caught in the national forest by the rangers.

I get upset over ginseng is a natural resource if harvested in the wild the berries need to be replanted so the plants can reproduce only mature plants need to used. I personally have no tolerance for theft IMO this is worse than simple theft it’s your land and everything on it is yours It's part of being a American.

Don't get me started on mushroom hunters

When you plant ginseng thieves they don't regenerate like the plants do. Maybe if you keep planting.

Top Bottom