Girl gang-raped IN SCHOOL while teacher stands nearby and ignores.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    To All,

Just to muddy the waters a bit I would not want a teacher, or even a lone security guard, armed in setting like that.

A vicious pack 12 - 14 year olds could easily overpower a lone person and take a firearm from them. In this particular situation an armed teacher could easily become an armed student in a matter of seconds.

When we talk about solutions we tend to think of all schools and all classrooms being similar. In that they have students, teachers and walls this may be true, but that is also the end of similarities.

My point is that there is not a one size fits all to any problem.

Regards,

Doug

= don't have a gun at home if the robbers come they will use it against you as well. :rolleyes:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    To All,

Just to muddy the waters a bit I would not want a teacher, or even a lone security guard, armed in setting like that.

A vicious pack 12 - 14 year olds could easily overpower a lone person and take a firearm from them. In this particular situation an armed teacher could easily become an armed student in a matter of seconds.

When we talk about solutions we tend to think of all schools and all classrooms being similar. In that they have students, teachers and walls this may be true, but that is also the end of similarities.

Regards,

Doug

Exactly, None of us here could overcome a gang. It's all becoming very clear now. NONE of us should have a weapon.
    Thanks.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    sick, WTH is wrong with people today. A panic button to alert the principal or other staff would be an idea.

Nice try, but they were in on manufacturing this problem situation that they knew to be a problem situation before it happened. The lot of them should hang.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BTW on the rape...
    brady-campaign-rape.jpg

brady-campaign-fb.jpg

So yeah no guns in school please. :faint:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Mentally challenged girl, 15, 'gang raped under her desk during class as teacher did NOTHING' | Mail Online

Looks like armed security isn't much of a solution for protecting the children either.

This looks like a private school...before this happened the mother should have been sitting in the class with her daughter and a baseball bat.., I would say gun but in NY no guns, based on the girls prior harassment...the teacher need to have a bat shoved up his ass, did he not have a cell phone to call 911, an intercom...could he not have ran across the hall for help....bet the pervert enjoyed watching. He could have started throwing chairs at the boys and screaming...he is full of crap.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    To All,

Regards,

Doug

They would not get my gun...if I could reload fast enough..I think after you shot 4 or 5 of them the others would run off.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Some of you are saying the teacher should have done something. What are teachers allowed to do in our current system? Would he face a lawsuit if, say, he had to use physical force to defend the victim? Maybe some of the teachers on INGO can speak up, but I am under the impression that teachers basically have their arms tied behind their backs.

So our society is really weird. On one hand, we take power away from the teachers. On the other hand, we want them to discipline the kids that we ought to be disciplining at home. Then when the quality of education goes down because of a minority of troublemakers, we complain about the teachers. "Hey, do something!" But they can't do anything. We have to make up our mind about this.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Some of you are saying the teacher should have done something. What are teachers allowed to do in our current system? Would he face a lawsuit if, say, he had to use physical force to defend the victim? Maybe some of the teachers on INGO can speak up, but I am under the impression that teachers basically have their arms tied behind their backs.

So our society is really weird. On one hand, we take power away from the teachers. On the other hand, we want them to discipline the kids that we ought to be disciplining at home. Then when the quality of education goes down because of a minority of troublemakers, we complain about the teachers. "Hey, do something!" But they can't do anything. We have to make up our mind about this.

I will grant you that the legal implications could be difficult. I have no respect nor any sympathy for the type of person who cannot be motivated by what is objectively right sufficiently to put that above implications of legal minutiae as he watches a rape in progress, assuming that the coward even got past fear over his own safety to think that far.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

Anyone with a conscience should not be thinking should I help...will I get sued if I help...I must be a weird person because had that been my child I would have been in jail and the teacher would be in ICU. Teachers have to report child abuse...what would you call this.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I will grant you that the legal implications could be difficult. I have no respect nor any sympathy for the type of person who cannot be motivated by what is objectively right sufficiently to put that above implications of legal minutiae as he watches a rape in progress, assuming that the coward even got past fear over his own safety to think that far.

I must be crazy...I do not understand such fear.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Are you serious? You related this with armed security guards? That was extremely ignorant of you. Please I really think you should just stop posting.

Yes, I did. Ignorant it is not. An intelligent person would have realized that the danger is not limited to psychopaths with homicidal intentions. He might also put two and two together to realize that even allowing properly permitted individuals to carry doesn't mean there's any guarantee a teacher will respond, or respond appropriately.

I should stop posting? Because you don't have the cerebral capacity to keep up?
    Get used to disappointment.

Do we have a source outside of supermarket tabloids?

Martin de Porres

From the school. The incident appears to be rather old however.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    In Response,

= don't have a gun at home if the robbers come they will use it against you as well. :rolleyes:

Jedi,

In your home the robbers do not have the advantage of beginning one (1) foot away from you while your back is turned. Nor do they have a complete element of surprise.

Exactly, None of us here could overcome a gang. It's all becoming very clear now. NONE of us should have a weapon.
    Thanks.

Mackey,

One of the primary defenses that is taught is to first avoid conflict. This includes using situational awareness to not walk down a suspect alley, avoiding a bad part of town and so on. You did not hear me in any way say none of us should have a weapon. Please avoid straw man arguments. In this situation a teacher would be walking into and amongst little monsters every day.

They would not get my gun...if I could reload fast enough..I think after you shot 4 or 5 of them the others would run off.

Survivalcookie,

They would easily get your gun as you must walk amongst them for eight (8) hours a day, five (5) days a week. We did not allow any firearms into the Allen County Jail because we knew that the inmates could simply take them from an armed guard as the guard was severely outnumbered. In this case the "inmates" are 13 years old but just as dangerous and potentially much closer. We cannot keep our guard up effectively for our entire work shift.

To All,

My general point was this: a teacher, surrounded daily by "attackers" (plural) with "violent propensities" would be tremendously easy prey, as would any one of us. Let us please avoid internet Ramboism here.

If a teacher were compelled to work every single day with a set routine and walking through a class of thugs it changes the general paradigm when considering this particular situation. In this particularly unique situation IF a group of young thugs wanted to take the gun THEN there would be little a teacher could do to avoid being bushwhacked.

I thought this was a good article pointing out that every classroom that is taught in isn't filled with little kids like Leave It To Beaver, but vicious little monsters that are willing to savagely gang rape a helpless little girl in broad daylight. If we think an average or even above average teacher would be able to keep a gun from them then we are the ones living in fantasy land. Little thugs can make plans and execute them too.

I am not saying not to arm teachers. I have no problem with that. I am just saying that a teacher in that particular environment could face additional risk by being armed and that another solution may be needed in such a case.

Regards,

Doug

-Rogue-

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    He didn't intervene because he was afraid. he was alone, in a classroom full of teenage males (13 I think the article said) from a juvenile home for young men with a propensity for violence. It's sad to think that his own personal safety meant more to him than the welfare of one of those under his charge, especially one unable to defend herself.

So then why not go "rally the troops" (ie other teachers) and resolve the situation?

Top Bottom