• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nice, I thought I had seen a config without a rail but with the other enhancements but had not looked all that hard to be honest. The PI looks cool as well as it's the "Detective" version with shorter slide/barrel.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Nice, I thought I had seen a config without a rail but with the other enhancements but had not looked all that hard to be honest. The PI looks cool as well as it's the "Detective" version with shorter slide/barrel.
    I’d wait a bit for one of those. Seems to be a lot of trouble getting JMB designs to operate with a shorter slide. The Champion/Commander 1911 had some issues for sure.
    But, I agree with you, they do look really cool. I wonder if the mag safety has been removed in the PI.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I’d wait a bit for one of those. Seems to be a lot of trouble getting JMB designs to operate with a shorter slide. The Champion/Commander 1911 had some issues for sure.
    But, I agree with you, they do look really cool. I wonder if the mag safety has been removed in the PI.
    Agreed. And the PI/Detective models on the hi powers have always kind of been one off's from what I've read, so a bit of parts availability concern there as well. But would be cool to check one out. For now I'm playing with my SA-35 and figuring out what if anything else I want to get done on it.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Agreed. And the PI/Detective models on the hi powers have always kind of been one off's from what I've read, so a bit of parts availability concern there as well. But would be cool to check one out. For now I'm playing with my SA-35 and figuring out what if anything else I want to get done on it.
    My SA-35 is in the safe for a while. Working on Sig only for a year. I’m gonna be honest though, I have a lot of other pistols I’d like to be shooting! Hahaha

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    All these Turkish guns….. ugghhh!!! The sale of them benefits the Turkish govt who in turn worked with ISIS!!!! No thanks!!! They can run better than any other pistol made and I would not spend a dime knowing this helps to perpetuate Islamic militants!!! Get the SA35…. Great pistols for the money!!!!

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    All these Turkish guns….. ugghhh!!! The sale of them benefits the Turkish govt who in turn worked with ISIS!!!! No thanks!!! They can run better than any other pistol made and I would not spend a dime knowing this helps to perpetuate Islamic militants!!! Get the SA35…. Great pistols for the money!!!!
    You paid taxes and Biden gave the Taliban millions in arms and weaponry. Did you stop paying taxes too? Lol

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Well…. I didn’t vote for Brandon and have no control of how the clown spends my tax dollars. But I have total control of who I do business with. It’s your money spend it how you like. I’m merely informing those that don’t know that Turkey is a friend of Islamist militants so something to consider…..

ironpoorer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2024
    Wisconsin

$547

Late to the party here, sorry. Reading up on these two models they generally get high marks; does anyone here have first person experience with them? I mean, a steel frame Hi Power clone (with optic) for $500idh seems too good to be true.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Late to the party here, sorry. Reading up on these two models they generally get high marks; does anyone here have first person experience with them? I mean, a steel frame Hi Power clone (with optic) for $500idh seems too good to be true.
    HR Funk reviewed the OPs model, I believe. MAC isn’t going to sugar coat his feelings about a gun. HR isn’t going to either. The one thing I would need to know before buying any P35 clone is: Did they remove the magazine safety? If not, it’s a no go for me.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    HR Funk reviewed the OPs model, I believe. MAC isn’t going to sugar coat his feelings about a gun. HR isn’t going to either. The one thing I would need to know before buying any P35 clone is: Did they remove the magazine safety? If not, it’s a no go for me.
    HR Funk has great reviews. I like his style.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    HR Funk has great reviews. I like his style.
    He’s a friend. He’s as corny as a dad joke most of the time. Kinda stuck in the 1900’s at times too (1911AARP’s for sure) lol
    His reviews are honest though. At times they are repetitive in his "complaints" of a given firearm and you’ll hear it all through the review, ie: Glocks and their triggers and pointability. All that being said, I did buy a handgun because of his review, the Canik Rival Darkside. Great pistol all around. I picked it up and agreed with his review 100%. Lol

P. S. I LOVE my SA-35!

Attachments

• IMG_1824.jpeg
      IMG_1824.jpeg
      309.1 KB · Views: 1
    • 2023-02-06 11.24.41.jpeg
      2023-02-06 11.24.41.jpeg
      731.2 KB · Views: 1

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Notwithstanding all of the posts following my analogy to flowers, I’ll stick with my original Belgian made target BHP.
    JMB and his compatriot got it right the first time around, everything else is just a copy.
    What would you rather own: an original Van Gogh or a copy! :dunno:

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Notwithstanding all of the posts following my analogy to flowers, I’ll stick with my original Belgian made target BHP.
    JMB and his compatriot got it right the first time around, everything else is just a copy.
    What would you rather own: an original Van Gogh or a copy! :dunno:
    Neither. I’m into guns not paintings….. :)
    If I can get the same functionality, reliability with improvements, for less money, to me, that’s a win/win.

Top Bottom